When the sleeper wakes...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What are you feeding your loaches? i bought some pellets but they're not eating them - got a nitrite spike. :confused:
I mainly feed the tank Fluval Bug Bites flake...interspersed with frozen cyclops, daphnia and occasionally some frozen bloodworm. This drifts down after the upper swimmers have had their fill and feeds the kuhli loach and shrimp.
The kuhlis also go nuts for Dennerle shrimp pellets...of all flavours.

On reflection, all of the foods used would be very soft.

Some more of Woody Woodshrimp, engaged in some genuine filter feeding...
(NOTE that the white spots aren't ich and are symmetrical on both sides of the body).

...With Coppr Harlequin and Axelrodi 'Rasbora'.

Video Bomb by one of the Dwarf Gourami Girls.
Very cool!

I mainly feed the tank Fluval Bug Bites flake...interspersed with frozen cyclops, daphnia and occasionally some frozen bloodworm. This drifts down after the upper swimmers have had their fill and feeds the kuhli loach and shrimp.
The kuhlis also go nuts for Dennerle shrimp pellets...of all flavours.

On reflection, all of the foods used would be very soft.

I feed my shrimp these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001XRR26E/?tag=

I'm sure the Kuhli loaches were eating these at first, i bought some pellets for loaches but they won't go near them, maybe i should just stick to the shrimp pellets.

Have you tried fasting the tank for three days?

I haven't feed them today due to the Nitrite and ammonia spike, done another water change, lowered the ammonia but it's raised the nitrate.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to use those Hikari pellets but I've changed to Dennerle King Shrimp.

Maybe it's co-incidence but I have a lot more baby shrimps since I changed over. I recently found 38 baby shrimps in the water canage bucket while I was finding 2 or 3 before.

I haven't feed them today due to the Nitrite and ammonia spike, done another water change, lowered the ammonia but it's raised the nitrate.
Remember that loaches don't have the added protection of tough scales, so they'll feel any ammonia and nitrites in the water on their skin all the more.
I'd still suggest leaving off any feeding for another two days and I'll repeat the Dennerle recommendation..

Remember that loaches don't have the added protection of tough scales, so they'll feel any ammonia and nitrites in the water on their skin all the more.
I'd still suggest leaving off any feeding for another two days and I'll repeat the Dennerle recommendation..

I have cut down on food, slowly getting it all under control!

No dead loaches!

SE Asian Tank
Interesting observations;
  • The lady Gourami definitely appear to practice their sexual moves on each other. This involves lip to lip contact, as well as lip to body and body contact.
  • In the middle of a Bug Bites flake feeding frenzy, I noticed the Panda Garra appearing to momentarily suck off the sides of the gourami. I know this behaviour can be an issue when Chinese Algae Eaters grow up, so I need to keep an eye on this. There was no apparent damage, but again, I'll be keeping an eye for any wounds on the Dwarf Gourami flanks.

S American Tank
Again, the Cockatoo Apisto laid a decently-sized batch of eggs, that did not turn into fry.
I'm now wondering if the lad's doing what he's supposed to.

Some more research on the caves, methinks.
I know breeding is less likely in a community tank, but one likes to dabble anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back