Cheapest Online?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
To buy aquariums and stands in the UK?
 
cheapest isnt always the best tbh depend what your after tbh anything from a biorb to a bespoke 3000 litre monster

Got a nice rio 125 in beech up for sale at the mo £50 (worth a try wasnt it lol)
 
what size tank are you after mel? remember its going to be holding a lot of weight in water ( water being almost 1 kilo per litre ) and therefore alot of outward pressure is being placed on the glass so cheaper can easily turn out to be a false economy.
 
Ahh no not cheap as in a cheap make, more competitively priced for the better makes?
Flash I know honey, I want that tank so bad but it would be a purely selfish move and you can't do that when kids are involved lol
 
whats your budget mel?

Cheap as poss really Mark, not got a budget just trying to get the best price for a Tetra 60 litre and Elite 60 stand to go with it... phwoar that's going to look so hot!
 
Hi MermaidMel :)

Is it for a Christmas gift? If not, and if you don't absolutely have your heart set on that particular tank and stand, why not shop for used equipment? It's frequently the way to get the best value for a limited amount. Most often when you see someone selling their tank, it's not because something's wrong with it, but rather because they didn't know how to keep their fish alive.
 

Same here hun that is the cheapest I've found
Also watching one on Ebay it's new but bidding started at 99p :hyper:

Hi MermaidMel :)

Is it for a Christmas gift? If not, and if you don't absolutely have your heart set on that particular tank and stand, why not shop for used equipment? It's frequently the way to get the best value for a limited amount. Most often when you see someone selling their tank, it's not because something's wrong with it, but rather because they didn't know how to keep their fish alive.

No it's just for me :nod: and keeping an eye out. The Tetra 30 was used but had snail probs which I've combatted now, the lady is now selling her Tetra 60 but won't split it and I don't want the stand it comes with and she wants £70, no auction available. I do look most days on Ebay but getting impatient and want it NOW haha.
 
Hey :shifty: my trick on eBay :shifty: is to find what I want and check it's local then :shifty: suggest that I would really like the tank but :shifty: I need it right now and would you do a buy it now price :hyper: :hyper: Throw in some more 'hard luck stuff' and sometimes you get lucky :good:

This is confidential by the way so don't let on... :hey:

Latest, ill-gotten-gains, a rio 125 including cabinet heater and filter (had to fix the lights) loads of decs (for freecycle! :rolleyes: ) and a couple of good bits of bogwood......£40 the lot 2 days before auction ending......p***ed off a few watchers I bet! :lol:
 
Hey :shifty: my trick on eBay :shifty: is to find what I want and check it's local then :shifty: suggest that I would really like the tank but :shifty: I need it right now and would you do a buy it now price :hyper: :hyper: Throw in some more 'hard luck stuff' and sometimes you get lucky :good:

This is confidential by the way so don't let on... :hey:

Latest, ill-gotten-gains, a rio 125 including cabinet heater and filter (had to fix the lights) loads of decs (for freecycle! :rolleyes: ) and a couple of good bits of bogwood......£40 the lot 2 days before auction ending......p***ed off a few watchers I bet! :lol:

Very good deal! I always ask but they want £70 for the tank so I said I'd watch it and for real they won't get £70 and will sell me it for £40 :P
 
Unless you are able to pick up a tank after you buy it, it is highly unlikely you will find a cheap one. Because of the risk of breakage, shipping aquariums is extremely expensive. That is why you usually only see smaller acrylic tanks for sell online. You can get the other hardware such as filter, heaters, etc. much cheaper online than in the stores but tanks are another matter.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top