Chat Suggestion?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I'm often in the chatroom in the early evenings and more than happy to talk about fish, provided its not livebearers or bettas.
:lol:

I think the reason people talk about things besides fish in Chat is because they can talk about fish on 90% on the forums, but more fish talk might happen with the new Hobbies section :)

DD

I think any chat room that is for a specific subject will need to have full time ops in there to keep it specific. Without that, human nature being what it is conversations will drift. Since there are times when there are no ops available, I doubt it would work - I think people would just drift back into the regular room.

The chat room IS for fish talk, this IS a fish forum afterall. However, as said, you can only talk fish so long before the conversation drifts (we see this in fish-related threads even, funny how that works). If you come into the room and want to talk fish, start the conversation up again, turn it back towards fish, there's nothing wrong with that. The only reason the fish talk stops is because the subject was talked out. It happens.

Its a wonderful idea to want a chat room where people only talked about fish and nothign else, and I can understand the frustration of going in there hoping to get some real time advice only to find people "singing" the lyrics to a pop song or talking about the previous night's pub visit. It makes you wonder if its worth your time to bother to ask your questions sometimes. But the reality is that moderators are not available to be in there 24/7 to police the conversation or enforce a "fish-talk-only" environment. And its likely that if the chat room was to be restricted to fish only talk, and it WAS possible to enforce that, the room would not be very active, mostly being visited by folks with questions, and not by those that can answer the questions as well..............

So basically, if you have a question, need urgent and immediate advice, DO NOT be afraid to go into the live chat and interrupt the babble. If there's enough folks online at that time, someone will stop yapping and be able to help you out.

Most reactions

Back