Channa-ornatipinnis Have Laid Eggs..drawf Snakeheads

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are sooooo gorgeous! I started reading this thread at page 1 yesterday & have read every post on it, these arent a fish I have noticed before, but boy do I want some now!

I'm thinking they would be perfect for my sons room, he wants something unusual & easy to keep, so minimal water changes & not worrying about an extra plug socket for a heater would be perfect.

i'm picking up a 3ft tank tomorrow which was going to be for puffers, but maybe I could get some of these instead? Although will have to wait a while until I get it cycled.

A little update as i have been neglecting the thread....Ha i'd imagine everyone's bored of this thread now anyhow :lol:

oookkkkk013.jpg

oookkkkk037.jpg

oookkkkk038.jpg

oookkkkk039.jpg

oookkkkk041.jpg

oookkkkk042.jpg

oookkkkk052.jpg

oookkkkk051.jpg

oookkkkk054.jpg

oookkkkk056.jpg

oookkkkk077.jpg

oookkkkk085.jpg

oookkkkk086.jpg

oookkkkk087.jpg

Nelly - can you give me any info on keeping channa bleheri?
have been trying to track down channa ornatipinnis in my area with no luck, but have came across an advertisement for 3 of the bleheri?
3 sounds a strange number to be living together, apparantly the smallest is 10cm and none have formed a pair yet? what is a 'normal' price to pay for three of these before i put a bid down :)
what size tank would be adequate? (i have a spare 200L?)
[URL="http://www.kapaza.be/Dieren_en_toebehoren/...na_bleheri.html"]http://www.kapaza.be/Dieren_en_toebehoren/...na_bleheri.html[/URL]

(sorry should say - is the care smilar to other snakeheads as i have been doing a lot of research just not on this particular type :))

Hi yes there another beauty, well three is not a magic number so be ready because you may well end up rehoming<moving one out,but wait til you notice them pair of, i have not kept these one's yet, but from what i have read they need planted tank with floating plant's/ wood etc same basically as the other's..
They max out around 6 inches,male's grow quicker than female's,more brightly coloured and bigger....
One of the most peaceful Snakehead's and can be kept with other fish bearing in mind there not bite size...
Winter temp of 19 C and Summer temp of 22-28 C....Channa Bleheri are excellent escape artists apparently and can escape from the very smallest of holes. Do not underestimate their escaping abilities.
I would not change anything toward's care myself with them,my ornate's or sp assam's all along those sub trop line's :good:
They are beauty's and if you speak with dave oddball's he could help abit, but might annoy him as he's losing his fish to a awful problem :crazy:
No he's a good bloke sure he's happy to help..

price wish well i would exspect around 15-20pound's each if not more, but price's vary from people to shop's....

Are you anywhere near to meppel holland?

not to far from the holland border but would have to see where that place is to know for sure. many thanks for the info its great! have asked the man how much he's looking for etc just waiting on a reply :)

hey just wanted to ask cuz these are about 400 dollars in pakistan......lol.....so do you think after this breeding,they will be bred in captivity from now on instead of just catching them in the wild??
shahrez
cuz id buy them if i could...they,re more expensive than the whole aquarium lolololol.

Yes this prove's that they can be bred in captivity, i managed twice in a short space of time, i as alot know am not a great fish keeper, just lucky, so basically if i can manage it anyone can esp those guy's with major knoledge :shifty:

in Meppel /NL there should be some real cool channa for reasonable prices ;-)
Or drive over the german border to Erbstösser Tropic Aquaristik, but only on saturdays (confirme opening by phone)
They always have channa in stock.
Shouldnt be so far from Belgium.

guys just mailed me back, these three have been brought over from Germany and is asking €45 for the three, not a bad price methinks!

i think you should replace the plastic plants with real ones after the water change you,re gonna do after selling all the fry. and what light for the plants and what filtration do you have?
shahrez
water perimeters would be great too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back