Channa-ornatipinnis Have Laid Eggs..drawf Snakeheads

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

england

channa aka snakehead
Reaction score
Iam over the moon, but its caught me unaware......I have nowhere to raise the fry if the eggs do hatch but, Col said to me there mouthbrooder's but the

eggs are scattered at the top,mostly under the food ring, Maybe because its there 1st time they do not know what to do...or do they do this with the eggs

then take in the fry once they have hatched, Lets keep are fingers crossed that we actually get fry, that would be amazing, Any tips on what to do? leave the

light on as usual or turn it off and cover up tank, water changes or leave as is, i was told snakeheads do not like waterchanges very much............

This is great news to anyone who know's about snakeheads esp ornatipinnis as they have never ever breed in captivity before or so iam told by snakehead

exsperts so this is a first :hyper:

with out further ado i present to you pictures...............

022.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

017.jpg

congrats nelly i knwo knothing about snakeheads but i guess if your successful you could make a fair bit on the fry ;)

Hehe yes i suppose so but iam more intrested at the moment as this will be the first ever captive breed ornatipinnis's in the world :shout: Iam hoping that they hatch but it is there first ever batch so not very sceptical.....thank you

nice 1 mate good luck with the fry. gotta admit they are but ugly but at the same time soooooooo cool they are deffo growing on me . :good:

Nice one matey :D
Thanks huney, iam like a little child,i actually smiled to myself when i saw the eggs and did a skip in my mind :lol:

well done!!!

i too know nothing about snakeheads, but well done...could be a first!!!!
Ha i also know nothing about snakeheads but iam learning and have to say i love how the snakeheads act and look esp the gaint snakeheads....My first passions always going to be south/central american cichlids mind esp oscar's and madagascan polleni :nod:

Wow nice!!
Thanks for putting pics up as well, would probably not have been interested without them as I had no idea what the fish looked like.

Hope everything goes well and they hatch!

Keep us updated ;)

Well I hope you get some little butt ugly wrigglers :lol: Nelly you will be famous in the fish keeping community. I can say I knew him when........... :p

nice 1 mate good luck with the fry. gotta admit they are but ugly but at the same time soooooooo cool they are deffo growing on me . :good:
:lol: knew i could rely on you for the truth but yes they seriously are great fish and something very different to look at keeping as there drawfs so can keep them in a 3ft<solo>or larger more.....and ofcourse no heating so added bonus

Wow nice!!
Thanks for putting pics up as well, would probably not have been interested without them as I had no idea what the fish looked like.

Hope everything goes well and they hatch!

Keep us updated ;)
your welcome yes a few years ago if i saw a snakehead post i would never have even bothered looking......

thanks for the kind coments guys<this is what its all about :hey:

A great achievement, real shame if they don't hatch but atleast you got this far.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back