Cave Ideas

Flat pebbles could be glued in such a way as to make a reasonably natural cave, and I agree with the use of wood. Smaller bits surrounding and interconnecting with a larger piece should work.

Surrounding the cave with plants or tying java moss onto it ( if possble ) can help conceal it and make things look more natural.
 
Ive used some normal terracotta flower pots and then siliconed gravel all over so the caves are camoflagued.
 
Mel I Like Using the Bamboo and Twig Bridges for Hamsters and Rats. And also the Hollowed out tunnels with lots of holes cut into the sides of them. They look Really Nice with Moss and Anubias Attached.
 
How about a nice large smooth pebble which you can drill out a hole for them ?

Or some bogwood which is really thick, you can drill the centre out and then plant java moss and anubias on it ?
 
Some nice ideas here, I already have bogwood with plants attached so this would be in addition to that
I would like to have something they *think* they are hiding in but I can still see them otherwise I'll never see my plecs lol
 
Im a fan of the flower pot covered in moss tactic.

Not like my plec hasnt found the one and only space in the tank I cant see him from. lol.

Sakura
 
Mel
could you move your wood a bit to create a shelter with some plants ?
I have rested my bogwood in a corner so I can see any fish in the tank but they are sheltered from the light but are totally visible to me
if i can get camera working i will post a piccy
 
Mel
could you move your wood a bit to create a shelter with some plants ?
I have rested my bogwood in a corner so I can see any fish in the tank but they are sheltered from the light but are totally visible to me
if i can get camera working i will post a piccy

I think it might work if I slightly prop the wood up with a pebble or 2 rather than move it completely as it's a corner tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top