Catch and cook dreams up in smoke

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Umm... The King of DIY? I hate that guy - he does stuff for views and views only. He is so non knowledgeable and kills a lot of expensive and good-looking fish.
I'm not a huge Joey fan exactly, just because he comes across as a bit of an arrogant tosspot to me. So I don't watch him regularly. But I don't doubt that he's passionate and knowledgeable about fish. Does he kill a lot of expensive and good looking fish? In terms of the ratio of the amount of fish he keeps compared to losses? I know he's lost two or three arawana, but to jumping, and it's so hard to prevent arawana from injuring themselves jumping. I don't know what he is being expected to do beyond what he already does to prevent that. The plastic sheeting allows some give, but also meant that one found a weaker corner and got out. A glass top means the fish can not only break the glass, but injure itself on the glass. One jumped, landed back in the tank, but injured itself landing on the driftwood. He shows video proof of what happened, and talks about it, when he could just as easily hide the losses and replace the fish off camera.

But again, I don't watch him that often, so is there more that I don't know about?

Paul Cuffaro. Yep, another fish/animal hoarder doing it for youtube clicks with little knowledge, not real passion. Their animals are content, not something they truly care about.
Yep, that's him. So true, I hate that guy. Its just so cruel that they don't care about fish, but just buy and buy the fish not knowing a thing about them

I know he's lost two or three arawana, but to jumping, and it's so hard to prevent arawana from injuring themselves jumping.
Umm... get a lid! All of the times his arowanas have jumped, it’s when the tank they were in had no lid. Now, he has a big tank with several Asian Arowanas, hasn’t lost any so far. (That tank has a lid)

Paul Cuffaro. Yep, another fish/animal hoarder doing it for youtube clicks with little knowledge, not real passion. Their animals are content, not something they truly care about.
Have you seen his triple betta over flow tank video? I hated that one. Didn’t even cycle the tank, white substrate is bad for fish, plastic plants were going to rip those bettas fins to shreds, and the individual “tanks” were less than .5 gallons.

Umm... get a lid! All of the times his arowanas have jumped, it’s when the tank they were in had no lid. Now, he has a big tank with several Asian Arowanas, hasn’t lost any so far. (That tank has a lid)
Have you actually watched his vids about his arawana? Or have you read negative things elsewhere, and just taken their word for it?
One arawana died because it broke through a glass lid.
Two more died while in the 2000 gallon (which isn't a smallor uncycled tank).
One died because it jumped, but hit its back on the driftwood as it bounced off the plastic sheeting and back into the tank.
Another jumped, the thick, secured plastic tank cover wasn't as well secured in one corner and that's the corner the arawana happened to hit, so it went through and landed outside the tank. He switched to the thick plastic sheeting from glass lids as covers for arawana after seeing that the powerful jump of an aranwana can break a glass tank lid.

None of them died through the lack of a lid. What lid would you suggest will ensure an arawana is always contained, won't break, and won't injure the fish when it smacks into it?

Oh I never heard of it. The thing is though you don't get to choose what you catch. Then again with nets you can select! did you eat perch then? Whats it like?
Well, what you do is release the non-edible fish, and keep the delicious ones. Perch have flaky, white meat. It makes excellent fish and chips. Google how to filet them. Coat the filets in batter, corn meal, or cracker crumbs and fry them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have you actually watched his vids about his arawana? Or have you read negative things elsewhere, and just taken their word for it?
One arawana died because it broke through a glass lid.
Two more died while in the 2000 gallon (which isn't a smallor uncycled tank).
One died because it jumped, but hit its back on the driftwood as it bounced off the plastic sheeting and back into the tank.
Another jumped, the thick, secured plastic tank cover wasn't as well secured in one corner and that's the corner the arawana happened to hit, so it went through and landed outside the tank. He switched to the thick plastic sheeting from glass lids as covers for arawana after seeing that the powerful jump of an aranwana can break a glass tank lid.

None of them died through the lack of a lid. What lid would you suggest will ensure an arawana is always contained, won't break, and won't injure the fish when it smacks into it?
I have seen his videos... I dislike him not only because everything he does is for views (Especially the one where "Fishkeeping saved my life - 3 years in jail for attempted murder"). I mean seriously, who wants to watch and support a guy that attempted to murder someone?

He apparently isn't leaning, if he has killed more than 3 arowonas. My LFS has had one for over 6 years and it has never had any issues - that is because they care for it. He, does not.

I have seen his videos... I dislike him not only because everything he does is for views (Especially the one where "Fishkeeping saved my life - 3 years in jail for attempted murder"). I mean seriously, who wants to watch and support a guy that attempted to murder someone?

He apparently isn't leaning, if he has killed more than 3 arowonas. My LFS has had one for over 6 years and it has never had any issues - that is because they care for it. He, does not.
Wasn't he arrested for attempted murder because he won a fist fight and then only charged for the assault of a fist fight lol?

So you were wrong about the lids then.
And you're basing "killed many expensive beautiful fish" solely on the arawanas, known jumpers?
Have you asked your LFS how many fish they've had die? You might find the answer interesting. Or does it only matter if the fish is expensive and beautiful?

Yes @AdoraBelle Dearheart I was wrong. Happy?

I'm done - I made my point, I don't like the guy. This was an open discussion but now it has been turned into an argument, no more comments from me.
Yes, I am. There's nothing wrong with admitting when you're wrong. More people need to learn that skill, especially when talking about someone else's reputation.

No one said you had to like the guy. And it isn't an argument. If you just said you don't like him and don't think he cares about his fish, I'd have never questioned that, I don't particularly like the guy either. But saying he kills fish because he had no lids just isn't true. A discussion doesn't have to be an argument, just back up things stated as fact during a conversation about responsible fish keeping.

Well, what you do is release the non-edible fish, and keep the delicious ones. Perch have flaky, white meat. It makes excellent fish and chips. Google how to filet them. Coat the filets in batter, corn meal, or cracker crumbs and fry them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I really like having a Friday perch dinner. I use to go fishing all the time when I was not hunting back when I was much younger. Blue gill and Bass are alright to. Pike, cod and haddock are good, I love smoked salmon Caught plenty of catfish- liked the chicken taste.

I really like having a Friday perch dinner. I use to go fishing all the time when I was not hunting back when I was much younger. Blue gill and Bass are alright to. Pike, cod and haddock are good, I love smoked salmon Caught plenty of catfish- liked the chicken taste.
Never tried pike. In Scotland they make a smoked haddock chowder called cullen skink that is amazing. I like bluegill and bass, too, and trout are great (brookies are my favorite), but there's nothing like perch or their big brothers, walleye/sauger/pikepearch/zander.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back