Can't Upload A Picture

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Caprichoso

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Tried to attach a file several times to a topic and I can't put a picture up. Each time it says, "bad gateway". Tried also to add a photo from the full editor, it won't let me do that either. Help please!

the best way is to create an account on photobucket or imageshack then just copy and paste the im g tag to put the picture in your post :good:

the best way is to create an account on photobucket or imageshack then just copy and paste the im g tag to put the picture in your post :good:

Thanks, I'll try that...I take it since you're telling me this, that this forum photo upload thing doesn't work?

Yeah, so I tried that too. It says it "copied" the photo when I clicked it and it turns yellow but I cannot paste it. So I typed it but it just pastes words, no pictures. Like really? Why is this so complicated? :crazy:
Now I have a pointless photobucket account.

Yeah, so I tried that too. It says it "copied" the photo when I clicked it and it turns yellow but I cannot paste it. So I typed it but it just pastes words, no pictures. Like really? Why is this so complicated? :crazy:
Now I have a pointless photobucket account.

What's stopping you paste it? You are right clicking in the section where you type as in when your typing your message right click & paste?

Hey look, a picture of my dog I uploaded to photobucket, I wanna paste him onto the forum.
2nhgpd2.png

Hmm what to do.
I think I'll click here:
2qbhi5c.png

"Copied"? Oh thank you very much.

Now I'm on the forum, what now?
A-ha, right click and...
j95air.png

Post and... TADA.

Hey look, a picture of my dog I uploaded to photobucket, I wanna paste him onto the forum.
2nhgpd2.png

Hmm what to do.
I think I'll click here:
2qbhi5c.png

"Copied"? Oh thank you very much.

Now I'm on the forum, what now?
A-ha, right click and...
j95air.png

Post and... TADA.

That's very enlightening of you :rolleyes: .... there's one in every crowd.

What if I use ImageShack instead of Photobucket?
How will I upload my lovely art I did in Microsoft Paint to the internet and share with my buddies on the forum?

Well here we go.

Here's my art, impressed?
fva58n.png

Right, off to image shack we go.

Clicky browse to find my brilliant image
2qjxedf.png

Got it!
w6pke0.png

And lets GO
infmza.png

Click here, so it's all highlighted.
2iw2c9e.png

Copy time!
30m4kzr.png

Now back to the forum...

Hello again Mr. Paste
t5snz4.png

And here we are, my beautiful arts:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What if I use ImageShack instead of Photobucket?
How will I upload my lovely art I did in Microsoft Paint to the internet and share with my buddies on the forum?

Well here we go.

Here's my art, impressed?
fva58n.png

Right, off to image shack we go.

Clicky browse to find my brilliant image
2qjxedf.png

Got it!
w6pke0.png

And lets GO
infmza.png

Click here, so it's all highlighted.
2iw2c9e.png

Copy time!
30m4kzr.png

Now back to the forum...

Hello again Mr. Paste
t5snz4.png

And here we are, my beautiful arts:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You're kewl.

btw, to upload from photobucket, do not click the image code - copy the "direct link", then come on here, click the photo icon "insert image", paste the "direct link" into here and then you will be all set.

btw, to upload from photobucket, do not click the image code - copy the "direct link", then come on here, click the photo icon "insert image", paste the "direct link" into here and then you will be all set.
Yes and no, you don't want the direct code if you want to paste it quickly, let me show you why:
Code:
What you copy from 'Direct Link': http://www.blahblah.com/lovelypicture.jpg
Code:
What you copy from 'Image Link': [img]http://www.blahblah.com/lovelypicture.jpg[/img]

You see the difference? Those [ img ] bits.
When you copy the direct link and use the 'insert image' button, all it does is add those [ img ] bits, so what you recommend is actually LONGER and easier to stuff up.

P.S. would you mind editing your post so people don't get confused. Your solution is an alternative, but not the only way.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back