Can't on decide a species to get

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sunishka

Reaction score
I have had a few cichlids in the past. They all sadly passed away. I have learned a lot more now and still have a lot of food left from then. Namely tetrabit, tetra algae pro wafers and bloodworms.

I was planning on donating the food , but then quarantine happened and I decided to give the hobby another try , this time with proper plants and food. But I cant seem to decide which species to get. I have a very small 20 litre tank , and plan on keeping only one fish at a time. Any reccomendations on a good beginner fish that can eat both algae and meat and can thrive in such a space?

The only fish suitable for this size tank is a single betta, male or female. They will eat bloodworms, though only once a week as a treat as they are not very nutritious, and if they are dried bloodworms they must be rehydrated before putting them in the tank. A betta would probably eat the algae wafers as bettas will eat just about anything, though they are not the best for them.
But I'm not sure what you mean by Tetrabit? Are they flakes or granules?

The only fish suitable for this size tank is a single betta, male or female. They will eat bloodworms, though only once a week as a treat as they are not very nutritious, and if they are dried bloodworms they must be rehydrated before putting them in the tank. A betta would probably eat the algae wafers as bettas will eat just about anything, though they are not the best for them.
But I'm not sure what you mean by Tetrabit? Are they flakes or granules?
i am referring to granules

Next question - sinking or floating? Bettas usually eat from the surface though they will eat food from lower down (or at least all the ones I've had did)

Next question - sinking or floating? Bettas usually eat from the surface though they will eat food from lower down (or at least all the ones I've had did)
but will bettas be comfortable with algae wafers once in a while?

You could always keep shrimps instead of a fish. They would eat the pellets and algae wafers, but probably not the bloodworms.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back