Can You Have This Many Fish In A Small Aquarium

bubba

New Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Points
0
http://tinyurl.com/74hlql


here is the picture

tank is 60 ltr i have 55 litre and have about 15 guppies and 4 cat fish and 4 neons and babies galore

Can i add any more guppies to mine

???
as id like to put some of my bigger fry i wanted to keep in there
 
If you don't know what you are doing, you can end up with that many fish in a small tank. That does not mean the fish will be healthy for very long. It is the kind of thing that might happen if you were selling off a few tanks and the people didn't want the fish so you kept putting them all into one tank.
 
omg i just checked my tank theres 25 guppies in there not 15 !
ooo i got 50 fry
so dunno what im gonna do waaaa someone help me lol

in my community tank i got ten neons ten platy and 5 catfish maybe i can sneak a few in there
thats where i been having the ammonia prob
I supect i feed to much as I have been feeding 1-2 times a day the odd bit of dried worms and 4 pellets for the cat fish !
hahaha

Better cut that out one of my platys died yesterday

Thank you all for your help your much nicer than the ppl on the nz forum
 
buy a 30 gallon and put a firemouth or 2 in there and feed them to the firemouths (if you get any more fry)

even a betta would take small fry mine polished off a 2cm guppy fry
 
ohhhhhh noooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy plz i cant feed them to another fish they are fancy guppies !!!!


My community tank is good I think the plays eat the babies so i only get the odd one lol lol

I have a turtle i bet he would like a munch on a few hahah

the fry are seperate in 22 litre tank pet shop will take them but they need to be bigger some are getting bigger hehe

oh well if i had a bad thing happen and some fish die at least i got spares aye !
 
How can I have a tank crash??

I have had my tanks set up for at least 5 months or more
only lost 3 fish one cat fish dunno why might of been old, and one platy to dropsy

the 50 fry are in sep 22 litre tank and those are gonna have to go bare a few i can keep

I have 2 other tanks

I want a big one
 
there gonna keep breeding mate.


your tank will get to the point where its so over stocked there will be such a high concentration of ammonia that it will kill the filter bacteria and your fish and your back to square one.
 
i know they gonna keep breading bud lol it was cool at first one guppy here one platty there
then omg talk about over kill

Maybe im gonna have to feed to turtle

Can you sell the fry as babies? or is that wrong?

i got no ammonia in my guppy tank
but had probs in my community one from over feeding i think

what do you suggest
AND im not getting rid of ma guppies i love them
lol lol

Ps i dont use breeder net just let nature take its course
 
i will look those fish up thanks
i aucutally like having the babies maybe i should take the neons out and put in other tank and stick my great white platies in there lol
 
If you don't want babies, I'd suggest selling as many as you can, and picking your favorite few males to keep. If you can't sell them, using them as feeders is an option. I wouldn't feel bad about doing that, lots of people who have guppies and can't keep the babies or don't want to feed them to bigger fish. I've heard is a real money saver, though I've never kept fish big enough that you have to feed them feeder fish. Basically narrow down the guppy stock! Good Luck!


Laura
 
Laura thanks !!!! looks like its gonna be turtle food lol

My partner wanted me to keep them till they all coloured and pick out the colours
BUT UNLESS they buy me a big 5 foot tank thats not gonna happen


I might slip a few in the turtle tank lmao
I got homes for some also the pet store will take them but wanted them a certain size

Maybe I can sell the fry on line??

Some of the guppies are blonde colour i wonder if they will be from the flamingo males?


And which females do you keep the ones with the most colour in their tales?

Some of my females look half black with neon spots on their tales
 

Most reactions

Back
Top