The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Animal Lover 2000

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here is a picture slideshow of her. Her name is Neccos <3 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN8CxN-JdgM&feature=youtu.be
I would like to know what fin type she has and what color variety she is in general.

looking-glass said:
Im not sure on the different types - she is very pretty though
smile.png
Thank you! :)

Animal Lover 2000 said:

I would like to know what fin type she has and what color variety she is in general.
When the light hits her just right and she's not flaring, she has black dots in her top fin and a few in her caldual 
And in one picture you can see that she has a red strip on the top of her bottom fin 
wacko.png
  Lol it's usually slightly visible sometimes you can see it when she flares, other times not. You can also see it vibrantly sometimes when shes just going about her business and other times it's a brownish red color and not as prominent

majerah1 said:
Shes a royal blue veiltail. Pretty lady

Thank you but I think she might be a crown tail bc she has rays that split into two prongs like this female: 
http://bubblesandbettas.blogspot.com/p/betta-breeds-tail-types.html.    she's the one under tail patterns and colors; she's the fish that says turquoise.
It's like her cauldual fin but not as prominent but it's still very noticeable in real life
you can kinda see it in one of the pictures where her tail is in front of a guppy it's the second one also in the third one and in her reflection in the fourth one
smile.png

I'm not trying to be unhelpful but I can see the rays and I almost ocd about getting everything about my fish right lol

She is a blue with red wash VT female.  She does have some CT influence from earlier generations which is why she has the ray reduction in her fins but would be considered a VT.

Of a concern though, she is looking a bit on the "chunky" side.  I would fast her and see if that goes down a bit.

Wildbetta said:

Of a concern though, she is looking a bit on the "chunky" side.  I would fast her and see if that goes down a bit.

I fast everyone on Sunday , and I put her on a diet of one flake and two betta pellets twice a day but I got lazy and didn't have the time so I stoped after 2 or 3 days :blush: how long should I fast her for?

Your normal feeding schedule is a bit on the heavy side. Flakes are not the best thing for bettas and tend to lead to bloating.  Her stomach is a little smaller than the size of her eyeball.  I recommend feeding once a day once you see her belly go down a bit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back