Can you actually buy fish online?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Someone told me you can buy fish online and get fish delivered to the house is this true? Sounds cruel to me

Someone told me you can buy fish online and get fish delivered to the house is this true? Sounds cruel to me
Yes it is true. You have to be careful you order from a good site. Most will only ship in good weather and will provide a heat or cold pack to keep the temp good. Many places will fast the fish for a day or two to reduce ammonia buildup in the bag. The only option is 1 day shipping which is good

Yes it is possible. But in the UK the seller has to use a licenced courier and the postage cost can be more than the fish. I don't know the amount of postage costs in other countries.

Yes, it is true. Many people buy and sell bettas that come all the way from Thailand on eBay.com. Just make sure to read the reviews and make sure they add a heat pack. ;)

Yep fish can be ordered safely online :)

Ive ordered a good handful a few times.

Packed well with oxygen in the bags, heat packs, inside an insulated styrofoam box inside a well labeled box.

20200121_115729.jpg
20200121_115844.jpg

Its not cruel if the seller does it properly :) I just got my chicks in the mail

OK who do yous recommend to order from. I am in u. k?

There are a lot of sellers on E-bay and Amizon. I picked up some shrimp that way but have not tried fish.

If you look at Ebay, check the seller's feedback carefully.

I've come across an on-line shop Wildwoods, but their services are "temporarily suspended" though they don't say if it's due to CorVid-19 or not.

OK who do yous recommend to order from. I am in u. k?

I use eBay and read the reviews that the seller has. Many sellers have 100% positive feedback and all the ones I have used have only shipped for an organised date and time. It can be expensive though and a £1.50 fish ships for £15

Yes it is possible I have once watched a YouTube unboxing all the fish she had ordered online and they where all in great shape the packaging they come in is really secure

Professional suppliers should be closed as their couriers cannot work in the current UK lockdown.
I think online suppliers can stay open

Why can they not if amazon can why can the rest not?

I think online suppliers can stay open
OP is in the UK- only essential workers are allowed out. Going to the warehouse to feed/ clean fish maybe, but not selling fish nor having couriers move them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back