Can Someone Point Me In The Direction Of A Thread On Setting Up And Ma

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Reaction score
D'oh! That should read

Can Someone Point Me In The Direction Of A Thread On Setting Up And Maintaining a quarantine or hospital tank?

Got loads of questions... How do I keep the bacteria in the filter going with fluctuating fish levels? Can fish be kept in the quarantine tank rather than just having an empty tank gurgling away?

D'oh! That should read

Can Someone Point Me In The Direction Of A Thread On Setting Up And Maintaining a quarantine or hospital tank?

Got loads of questions... How do I keep the bacteria in the filter going with fluctuating fish levels? Can fish be kept in the quarantine tank rather than just having an empty tank gurgling away?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/128869-the-hospital-tank/

try the link that will takre you to the thread hope this helps

Was wondering if I could have a small tank with a couple of hardy fishies or some shrimps etc in that could also hold new purcahses as and when it was needed...

People do Q-tanks in all sorts of different ways. Right now for example I'm in a phase where I plan to be buying and quarantining regularly, so I just maintained the Q-tank initally with ammonia and now I try to not move each quarantined batch to the main tank until I'm ready to stock the next new batch into the Q-tank on the same day.

The best and most consistent advice I've seen here on TFF from the experienced aquarists is to try hard to resist having the Q-tank be one of your "aquariums." Its better to leave it ready for use as a Q or H tank and to simply move a sponge or other small filter over to it from a main tank when you are ready to put it to use.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back