Can my ADF live in my 26 gallon tank??

Elisabeth83

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi I have a question

I have an African dwarf frog...and was just wondering if he could live in my 26 gallon tank? Right now in my tank I have

6 guppies
4 mollies
3 swordfish
1 small pleco

Right now he is just in a small bowl..and I feel really bad for him!!!

When I first set up the tank I put him in there and he seemed really happy...but I had a super hard time feeding him....everytime I put the bloodworm in the tank the fish would grab it before it even had a chance to sink down. So after about 3 days I got worried and took him out....I'm wondering if I should give it another try?? Does anyone else keep their ADF's in big tanks...if so how do you feed them?? I'm tired of having the little guy by himself..and I'm tired of changing his water so often...I'd rather he be in the aquarium.

Any advice would be appriciated!!!

I had one in a 29 gallon for a long time. I would wait until the light had been out for awhile then feed him, that way the fish are asleep. AD Frogs are more nocturnal, at least the ones I have had were.

I keep three ADF's in my 65 gallon, and they do just fine. At feeding time, I take special precautions for them. I put some brine shrimp at the top to keep those fish occupied, then take a turkey baster and shoot some down to where the frogs are at. Always see them eatin. :D

dixaisy930 said:
I keep three ADF's in my 65 gallon, and they do just fine. At feeding time, I take special precautions for them. I put some brine shrimp at the top to keep those fish occupied, then take a turkey baster and shoot some down to where the frogs are at. Always see them eatin. :D
OOO, that's a good idea!

Thanks. :D

It also works well for my cories. If I didn't do that, I don't think any food would get past my piggy little danios and mollys. :)

Most reactions

Back