Can Male Bettas Be Kept With Anythin Other Than Ottos And Plecos

some times they can, sometimes they can't. it really depends on the fishes personality and how much space you might have for all of them.
i love your quote by the way.
 
i have lots of bettas they aren't that hard. just males can be fussy and unwilling to have company. female bettas are Betta's are better with other creatures in my opinion.
 
sounds good i like em but i can be bothered to have one tank dedicated to one fish

im going to bed lol its like 1 ,30 am cya
 
I always keep my bettas in some sort of community tank. I feel it is cruel to force them to live a solitary life in a small tank. I have had success keeping them with endlers, sparkling gouramis, platies, mollies, rasboras, corydoras, head and tail lights, black neons and even rainbow cichlids. The stories of bettas not being very compatible seem very far off to me. I think they are very nice community fish and can be kept with other gentle fish, not aggressive fin nippers like tiger barbs.
 
ive kept them with gouramis tetras catfish plecs im not sure but i may have kept one with angelfish (not sure so dont hold it against me if you do try it and it goes wrong) but generally any peaceful fish that doesnt fin nip or be over energetic would probly go with a betta of course depends on tank size as well
happy to help matt
 
They need to be kept with fairly large, fast, peaceful fish. I had success keeping them with diamond tetras and cories. For the first while, the betta would always try to catch the tetras, but because he's so slow and they're so fast, he couldn't. After a while, he simply stopped trying and became more peaceful.
 
I think it works with some betas, but others should be kept in their own tank. I tried a beta in a corry tank, but that didn't work for me. My corrys would just be siting there at the bottom and my bata would go at them, so I had to take him out.
 
I have a group of corys and some kuhli loach in with my Betta and they all get along fine. He's never paid them the blindest bit of notice. But I think a lot of people have lost fish with a grumpy Betta.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top