Can I Use My Old Tank Water On My Plants?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joannajane

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's o.k to fill up my watering can with water that I would normally put down the sink and water the tomatoes with it instead?

many thanks Jo

yes thats perfectly fine as long as there's no salt in it
I very often water my plants with tank water and they thrive - due to nitrates etc in the water

even better if you have planted tank like mine becuase the water is full of disolved fertilisers, my plants love the stuff!!

i have 34 big plants spider plants etc..... when i do my water changes from my tanks i put that water to water my plants

I live an apartment complex with plants on the balcony. I don't have a hose or outdoor water source like in a regular house. Each time I do a water change I always water my plants witht the old aquarium water. No problems yet.

Yes it's a great idea just don't use it on plants that shouldn't have fertilisers used on them such as Lavender and any wild flowers. I did and it killed them off due to the Nitrates in the water.

Yes you can use it, I really don't see any problem in that. Even I am some times uses for giving water to may plants. So its quite a good idea to do that.

I've just been using my old tank water on my plants today, I know it's a little cold for them yet but it will be stored away for when they need it.

Liz

I use aquarium water on my plants all the time. It is one of the best things you can use on your plants. The yield difference is huge, as compared to normal water. So use it every chance you get!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back