Can I mix yo yo loach and clown with corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nick2121

Reaction score
so I just got a new tank it’s a 75 gallon I do already have a yo yo loach and a clown loach I wanted to know if I could transfer some of my corys into my 75 g from my 20 g. Do you think the loaches would beat on them and kill them ? Pls lmk ASAP

I don't recommend keeping 2 species of loach in the same tank because they are territorial and different species fight. Loaches should also be kept in groups of their own kind and you want at least 6 (preferably 10) of each species.

Corydoras can live with loaches in a good size tank (75 gallon is a good size tank).

I would get rid of the clown loach and buy 9 more yoyo loaches, and have a group of 10 loaches & 10 Corydoras.

Okay cool thanks. But I do have a does Aries tetra do you think it will bite them and cause damage to? And how do you recommend me getting rid of the clown laoch , and I was also going to buy a couple of Geophagus

Check it

Attachments

• 0F5E555B-6ABA-465D-86C1-C0A7278E4EDF.jpeg
    0F5E555B-6ABA-465D-86C1-C0A7278E4EDF.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 152
I don't recommend keeping 2 species of loach in the same tank because they are territorial and different species fight. Loaches should also be kept in groups of their own kind and you want at least 6 (preferably 10) of each species.

Corydoras can live with loaches in a good size tank (75 gallon is a good size tank).

I would get rid of the clown loach and buy 9 more yoyo loaches, and have a group of 10 loaches & 10 Corydoras.
As Colin said, clown loach get really aggressive when they grew up a bit so be careful your cory might get eaten by them.

I personally don’t recommend putting those 2 species together. Clown loaches get more aggressive as time goes on.

You need more cover and things to break lines on sights if you want to mix different species I'd add lots of plants and maybe more wood/rocks for you loaches to hid. More territory to be claimed less fighting in your tanks. This is my puffer tank and I've never had a fight with different species or fish preying on each other. It's a 75g as well

Attachments

• 20200208_183439.jpg
    20200208_183439.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 124
@Fallen Pepper brings up a good point. You need to practice significant hiding places. No offense, but your tank is looking a little bare. :)

I was thinking bout getting rid of the clown tbh but idk I will get more plants this weeekens and will update you guys and I will try and make more caves for stuff I did add 2 more skunk corys from my old tank and they ride away found there cave and hide and come out when needed , but did I mention I have the biggest albino Cory catfish I. The world

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back