Can I Have Three Honey Gouramis In A 30 Litre Tank?

Could they both be males?

Edit: just had a look at your thread. They definitely don't look the same in those pics... The top looks male, the bottom looks female.

Lol it all looks the same to me. I think the smaller one is female coz she's, A smaller (lol), B less colurful, C the other one chases her and D one of them built a bubble nest......which he wouldn't do if they were both male would he?

That's why I edited once I'd looked at the pics. You definitely have a boy n a girl. Presumably he wouldn't build one if there wasn't a female but male bettas do it... who knows.

I'm planning on getting a pair for my divided 60l, female in one side, male in the other. They'll be able to see eachother through the divide which I'm hoping will be enough to make the male build a bubble nest. Although I've not decided yet if I'll have them spawn in the 30l compartment or an Aqua40... that's IF they spawn.

Need to decide what colours to get first...decisions decisions.

Lol I know, I wanted a yellow and a red female but instead I got male and female yellows. LFS didn't have reds. I'm trying to leave space for one though.

Nothing came from my bubble nests but then I don't think I can expect them to from a community can I.

Waaa na UH! Are they yellow? Wow their colours are crap then! lol. The photos I've seen of yellow ones have been bright yellow but mine are quite dull. My female is mostly what I'd call brown :S

In the photos in that thread, neither of the fish look like a wild coloured male - those are golden tan, with a yellow top fin and a black bit to their bottom fin, quite a deep colour. The pics in posts #3 and #4 here show the wild coloured male.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/34959-gourami-honey/
Wild coloured females are a light brownish silver often with a dark brown stripe from nose to tail.
The ones in your pics looked very pale yellow with a bit of darker yellow on their fins. I've seen honeys the same colour as the ones in your pic labelled as yellow honeys in my local maidenhead aquatics. A few years ago, I also saw some cream coloured honeys in one shop, but I haven't seen any since.
Having said that, I do know that tank lights can make fish look a different colour in photos than in real life, and I appologise if your fish really do look wild coloured in the flesh.

Yup, thats the wild variant. Imo, they look better than any colour morphes (and probably have more natural resistance)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back