Can I Have An Alligator Gar In My Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow big fish, I'd like to see a pic of the dog that helped, what a team!

Sportsmen have been the main part of wildlife management funding for many years; http://www.nrahq.org/hunting/huntdollarsbuy.asp

It appears that in Texas it's quite nearly the only source of funding for wildlife management; http://www.noble.org/ag/wildlife/conservationfunding/

As a whole sportsmen give more than they take.

Good points. I know for a fact that my father-in-law pays Multiple fees for licenses to hunt in South Dakota.

I do not condone animal cruelty, but I do believe in the right to hunt your own food. The man didn't kill a snake for the skin and leave the meat. {some snake meat is delicious if cooked correctly} He was Bow fishing, for sport AND food. As Tolak pointed out, he probably paid a nice fee to do so. I bet in the area the alligator gar was caught, there are MANY as large or close to. Every year my Father-in-law has a different amount of deer he can hunt, and it differs between buck and doe depending on what has become over populated.

I would like to go back to my main point. The doofus didn't even weigh his "probable" Record catch. :lol: I'm competitive and would have weighed that thing properly.

He tried to weigh it but it maxed out his scale at 300lbs. You can't very well stick that thing in your fridge to save it. Cutting it up is really the only viable option to preserve the meat. I'm just glad he ate it instead of sending the whole thing to the taxidermist.

He tried to weigh it but it maxed out his scale at 300lbs. You can't very well stick that thing in your fridge to save it. Cutting it up is really the only viable option to preserve the meat. I'm just glad he ate it instead of sending the whole thing to the taxidermist.
Its a shame there is no way to filet it and keep the fish in the condition to mount it. That thing would have looked great on his wall!

Its a shame there is no way to filet it and keep the fish in the condition to mount it. That thing would have looked great on his wall!
Thats crazy

as his wall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical American redneck "Ooh, big thing, me kill, kill is good, genitals perceived large now, me big strong man, me very brave". You killed a fish from a place where the fish can't get you f f s! It's like pheasant-shooting in this country, men with big guns shoot at the most awkward and stupid bird in the UK, for heavens sake you can't bloody miss! If you want to shoot stuff, join the army.

Rant over.

I will go back to the point I have been trying to make this whole time in this thread. If he HAD shot a pheasant, he would have had it for dinner as well. There weren't supermarkets centuries ago, and hunting WAS how humans got their food. Hunting is only a "sport" because it has to be. The way our world has evolved leaves very little areas where people still hunt daily for their food.

I would also be careful with the typical American comments. My family is from Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas of Virginia. They are NOT rednecks. Quite a few of them enjoy hunting as a winter hobby. To top it off...My husband is a soldier in the Army, twice received purple hearts for injuries in action from two separate 1 year+ deployments, and his whole family are farmers and hunt or fish every weekend.

Typical American redneck "Ooh, big thing, me kill, kill is good, genitals perceived large now, me big strong man, me very brave". You killed a fish from a place where the fish can't get you f f s! It's like pheasant-shooting in this country, men with big guns shoot at the most awkward and stupid bird in the UK, for heavens sake you can't bloody miss! If you want to shoot stuff, join the army.

Rant over.
I used to be in the Army and my husband is currently in, and I would rather shoot an animal for sport and food than do the things my husband and myself have had to do. I would MUCH rather tell my kids about the buck or pheasant I shot than tell them of the other things. You weigh the options. What would you want to tell your family about?

BUT back on the subject of hunting and fishing large game (cause oh YES my cojones just swell thinking about it) I thinking hunting is much more fair that how we actually cultivate our meat. I would rather get a nice large fresh kill, than buy from the store. Have you seen the abuse animals go through prior to the slaughterhouse??? But I'm sure England does it better, cause really, what could us typical american rednecks possibly accomplish? So I guess since hunting and swollen huevos is severely looked down upon, I will fly back to the little town I live in when I was in England (Peasenhall, Suffolk County baby!!) and buy my meat there, that I way I can continued to be barred from providing life-saving O-neg blood to my injured brothers and sisters in arms (THANKS MAD COW DISEASE!!)

Like my big gun? Its all the percieved larger genitals I need :p

562234_3735864468849_2054356833_n.jpg

Rant over.

Rant over.

You clearly have a very educated world view in order to make such a wide-sweeping generalisation. Have you spent much time living in America then? I can only assume you have, given you feel you can comment in this way; as any intelligent person would know not to use stereotypes.

I'm hopping right now. This is called the Dance. Watch out!

PS. DM Nice gun Girly! lol

Like I said earlier, I hunt too. Even here in America there are people that look down on hunters. Most are just afraid of things they know nothing about. It's probably the same with the person that posted the "redneck" comment. It's just internet babble. It's funny, I have also used the Cooper's Hawk in my avatar to hunt with. Nobody seems to have a problem with that. It generally comes down to fear of guns. Are guns not popular in the U.K.? I honestly don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back