Can I Do Anything About This Or Is This One Of Those "learning Ex

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Strawbeary

Reaction score
My new tank is going well. I have a 30 gallon hex tank, back filter, extra aeration (because I'm scared the water will not properly aerate with just the back filter...).

When I get new fish I put them in a smaller tank to keep them away from my other fish so I can make sure they are ok and don't have some nasty bug, ss suggested by my brother-in-law. I waited about a week and a half almost two weeks they they seemed fine and no sight of ICK. So I put them in the tank and about half a week later I see a spot of ICK (confirmed by my brother-in-law) on one of them (a platty).../sigh. So I went to the store right away and got some ICK medicine. Yes, I read the whole bottle...even the warning that the medicine will stain really badly so keep it away from stuff you don't want stained. I put in the recommended amount and now in the process of following the directions for the course of the medicine. Great news, the one fish with the spot looks better after one day....the bad news I dyed my WHITE Greek Column decoration CORNFLOWER BLUE.... :lol:
so my question is....

Is there anything I can do to make my WHITE columns white again?...../sigh or

Is this a learning experience and bite the bullet and buy new decorations? :grr:

it didn't even dawn on me to take the decoration out!

I have a small pleco, about 8 Platty fish, 2 Mollys and 4 guppies.

if they are a poly resin ornament you can bleach them back to white.

soak in a 20% bleach solution for 24 hrs, or until white.
then soak in clean water for 24hrs with carbon added to absorb any bleach.
then air dry outside for at least 3 days.

only place back in the tank when you are satisfied that you can't smell any bleach on the ornaments.

I have done this for some resin rocks decorations and all fish were ok.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back