Can Corys Cross Breed

roz568

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if a albino cory would breed with a female peppered cory.or do they only breed with there own colour lol.plz help

Interesting. What about trilineatus, panda and peppered?? Not all together, but mixtures of the 3?
As long as there are both sexes of all 3 species the likelihood is very small. Be advised that cross-breeding Corys is not beneficial to the hobby and should not be intentionally pursued. Just because you CAN do something, does NOT mean that you should.

Serious Cory enthusiasts make every attempt to keep their Corys in species specific tanks, as space allows. - Frank

Interesting. What about trilineatus, panda and peppered?? Not all together, but mixtures of the 3?
As long as there are both sexes of all 3 species the likelihood is very small. Be advised that cross-breeding Corys is not beneficial to the hobby and should not be intentionally pursued. Just because you CAN do something, does NOT mean that you should.

Serious Cory enthusiasts make every attempt to keep their Corys in species specific tanks, as space allows. - Frank
thanks for reply.its just i have a very lonely male albino who needs a female lady friend and the only ladies i can find that are adults are peppered ones.no where here sells adult corys lol

I unintentially ended up with the three aforementioned species of corydora in my community tank. The 2 trilineatus were taken as, well they looked lethargic and downright unhappy, and the panda cory's were a rescue mission, as they were going to die.

I have no intentions of breeding them whatsoever, was just wondering the chances of it happening on the off chance.

I have 7 different types of cories,and i have only seen them breed within their own species,i.e - panda with panda,tri with tri etc...

i have bred loads of
all different types
but not cross bred them
but its funny how i used
to get albino throw backs
and bronze throw back :blink:

Most reactions

Back