Can Carbon Clear Murky Water?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well since i am going to the pet store and its payday I plan to do a few tank things. Over the past few days my tank water has become kinda murky. Tanks stats are find and I did a water change. My question is will adding some carbon to my filter help. I am thinking of tossing a pad from my Fluval into my aqua clear filter and using that slot to toss some carbon in. Would this help any? I am not using any medication and I will be wary of those carbon mixed in with that ammonia/Nitrite eating stuff.
 
well its by a window (not by choice) but the blinds are closed 90% of time. Would Carbon help any or do I need another solution?
 
The biggest thing that will help is protecting the tank from sunlight. If you can cover the sides that are exposed to the window with something that won't let light through, you will be well on the way to curing your green water problem.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top