Can Any Experienced Nottingham Aquarist Help?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Majjie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 300 litre Juwel Rio tank (approx. 4 foot by 18 inches by 2 foot high) which I've had for seven years. It's the dark wood effect with cupboards underneath. Unfortunately due to a recent diagnosis of terminal cancer, I can no longer look after it.

It's low tech - no modifications and very heavily planted - now very overgrown. Unfortunately, in the summer, I had an outbreak of lymphocystis which - as many of you know is treatable only by euthanasia and quarantine. It killed one of my pearl gouramis.

I'm willing to give the tank away to anyone who's prepared take it on and save as many of the fish as possible ... but it's a mammoth task, not least to take it down and move it. I know a lot of youngsters would be keen to have a tank of this size - but obviously it needs responsible adults to take it on, who know what's involved.

The fish include Millicent, the female pearl gourami; pentazona barbs, chain loaches, blue emperor tetras (some of which were born in the tank), cardinal tetras, ember tetras, glowlight tetras and a couple of otos; aswell as amano shrimp. The blue emperors and the cardinals are affected by the lymphocystis.

Any other ideas? I could perhaps try the RSPCA?

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear of your health issues. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones manage to get through this difficult time.

If no-one on here can help, you could try an advert on Aquarist Classified; it's free to put one up and you usually get a good response. You can question people over the phone to gauge their experience before you let it go.

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear of your health issues. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones manage to get through this difficult time.

If no-one on here can help, you could try an advert on Aquarist Classified; it's free to put one up and you usually get a good response. You can question people over the phone to gauge their experience before you let it go.

Thanks Emo Kid might do that

you could place it on ebay buyer to help empty /dismantle Due to health .. hope u find someone soon :) many tanks this size is fought after ..so im sure u would get someone :) , rather than let it go for nothin . u could aution it , then u will only get serious bidders , and if ur really thinking of giving it way free then u could let the winner know when u arrange for dismantle etc :) just a idea :)

you could place it on ebay buyer to help empty /dismantle Due to health .. hope u find someone soon
smile.png
many tanks this size is fought after ..so im sure u would get someone
smile.png
, rather than let it go for nothin . u could aution it , then u will only get serious bidders , and if ur really thinking of giving it way free then u could let the winner know when u arrange for dismantle etc
smile.png
just a idea
smile.png

Thanks Sue - but it really would be down to the buyer - I don't have the ability to help at all!

you could place it on ebay buyer to help empty /dismantle Due to health .. hope u find someone soon
smile.png
many tanks this size is fought after ..so im sure u would get someone
smile.png
, rather than let it go for nothin . u could aution it , then u will only get serious bidders , and if ur really thinking of giving it way free then u could let the winner know when u arrange for dismantle etc
smile.png
just a idea
smile.png

It is illegal to knowingly sell sick fish.

I have sent you a PM I can help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back