C. Solandri - Blue Spotted Jewel Puffer

Fortitudo

Reaction score
I have a C. Solandri and I must add I LOVE puffers, always wanted one and this one had spent a long time in a 25 Litre tank at the LFS as no one seemed to want him! :(
But thank god I walked in and saw its true beauty!
Anyway, I have read a lot about puffers and the beak is always growing, and I have seen it eating from and picking at the LR in my tank which should help keeping that beak from growing too much, I also feed frozen brine shrimp on alternate days and dangle the frozen block in for it to bite at to help with the beak as well.
Anyone else have any suggestions to help me ensure his beak does not grow too much and stop him eating!?
This fish is amazing and is very happy, lively and a great character and I want to help in every way I can!

Thanks in advance guys!

WP_000137.jpg

Picture for those who would like to see it.

It appears I am doing more than enough, added some empty shells and he is nibbling at them and the LR, plus putting the frozen block in for him to bite is all doing the job! Cheers bud!

I have made a recent discovery... I had a Scarlet Hermit Crab before I had the Puffer, I knew the risk but me and my partner decided it was worth it.
2 weeks back I saw 2 little red hermit arms on the floor and thought the worst... :(
But yesterday discovered he had shed and grown a little bigger and was alive and kicking! Which I was totally chuffed about, and the puffer wasn't even interested in eating him, even while he was out in the open sifting through my substrate!!

So I am very happy they are co-existing well! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back