Buying Fish Over The Internet

scots fish man

New Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have had my tank for about 12 months, never had much trouble with it ( apart from lights going ).
As i live in a part of Scotland that doesn't have any fish suppliers around i thought i would try buying over the net. At first the orders were arriving ok, but the last 2 order i had from Aquatic Life i have been very dissapointed by, the first 1 most of the fisf were DOA and the others only lasted a few hours. When i complained i was told they would be preplaced on FOC on my next order. So l ordered more, some were ok some dead again.
I left it for some months and thought I would try again so placed a order of 59.35 inc pp, to my dissapointment out of 18 fish 13 were DOA. Yet again i e-mailed to say the problem and this time i didn't want to order just wanted replacments, this time someone rang me to say i would have to pay the postage of 14.95. I waited over a week of delivery (not their fault, due to the bad snow) Just had delivery of more dead fish.

Must give a warning to others who may be tempted to buy from Aquatic life direct, be aware you may ba buying dead fish.

Let me know if anyone else has had same problems. Or better still anyone know a reliabile company who can ship living fish to Scotland.
Help
 
Hello scots fish man sorry to hear about your bad luck with the delivery of your fish .

I cant help you as I am very lucky to have 2 really good shops 10 minutes drive from me I hope some one can help you soon
 
not sure if they deliver to where you are but Trimar are widely considered to be one of the best mail order fish shops around. if you search on the forum you'll find hundreds of endorsments of their service, i've yet to hear of anyone having problems with them and my experiences have been 100% good. :good:
 
Hi, I only used them twice. The 2nd lot of fish, 1 was dead and the other was a very sorry looking critter. I sent them all the details only to be fobbed off with many excuses. I have informed E bay about this. I have used other E bayers and found extremely healthy and well packed fish have arrived and with far less postage cost, keep looking and good luck. :good:
 
sorry to hear of you bad luck bud... where abouts in scotland are you ?? ive had quite a bit of fish sent and had little or no doa's.. but just now i just wouldnt trust any of the suppliers.it could be mild in england but bitterly cold up here... :( a few of us have got together an order from trimar in the past.
 
Try this site:

Tropical Fish Finder

I use the shop on there called "Wildwoods" who deliver to your door, next day for around £14.95. They use APC overnight courier who are licensed to carry live fish, they are excellent and I doubt very much you would have any dead fish. I bought a very sensitive fish to travelling from them and it arrived alive and well :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top