Buying Fish Online ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

boabmac63

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Anyone got a good site wher i can buy a small birchir online from uk glasgow that is good and i will have live fish when i open te bag

Trimar are good. Iv had a few fish from them and they have an "alive on arrival guarantee". All my fish from them are doing great :) they are based in Cornwall. They do next day uk delivery between 8am - 12. Trimar.co.uk. List of stock and prices on their website. I know they do 2 or 3 different types of birchirs :)

Anyone got a good site wher i can buy a small birchir online from uk glasgow that is good and i will have live fish when i open te bag

Regardless of where you buy it from I would do the following to assure you get your money back IN THE CASE something does go wrong.

1) Take a picture of when you get the box with the time stamp of when you got it.
2) Take a picture of you opening the box with a time stamp of you opening it. This is to assure you opened the box and didn't let it sit in the sun for 6 hours. This picture is to safeguard you.
3) Take a picture of the closed bags of fix INSIDE the box with a list of all the fish or w/e they give you.
4) Take a picture of each fish in the bag. Hopefully they all made.

Good luck! I would just do that as a precaution just in case.

Regardless of where you buy it from I would do the following to assure you get your money back IN THE CASE something does go wrong.

1) Take a picture of when you get the box with the time stamp of when you got it.
2) Take a picture of you opening the box with a time stamp of you opening it. This is to assure you opened the box and didn't let it sit in the sun for 6 hours. This picture is to safeguard you.
3) Take a picture of the closed bags of fix INSIDE the box with a list of all the fish or w/e they give you.

If you were time stamping the photos, could you not just cut out point 2 and 3? ;)

Or... If you do get a fish from Trimar and it isn't alive when you get it for what ever reason then just follow their return procedures and you get your money back. It's much easier than having to take step by step photos :)

If you were time stamping the photos, could you not just cut out point 2 and 3? ;)

Yes you could, but why not be safe just in case.

I recently had an order delivered from Wildwoods (you can browse their stock on tropical fish finder). Not the cheapest fish ever, but everything was exceptionally well boxed and delivered on my choice of day, so I can definitely recommend them.

Suggestions:

1-The best advice I can give you is to work with a reputable company that ships fresh, quality fish. You'll be able to tell because their fish will likely be packaged in a vacuum-sealed bag (this means the air and moisture have been removed from the bag before freezing). In addition, they're probably going to be insulated - either by dry ice or another type of material that keeps them cool during transit.

2-This might be the best, most comprehensive guide on buying fish online. We recommend reading through both this guide and our thoughts below before making any purchasing decisions so you know what to expect.

Good luck! :)

Suggestions:

1-The best advice I can give you is to work with a reputable company that ships fresh, quality fish. You'll be able to tell because their fish will likely be packaged in a vacuum-sealed bag (this means the air and moisture have been removed from the bag before freezing). In addition, they're probably going to be insulated - either by dry ice or another type of material that keeps them cool during transit.

2-This might be the best, most comprehensive guide on buying fish online. We recommend reading through both this guide and our thoughts below before making any purchasing decisions so you know what to expect.

Good luck! :)
I’m not sure they will be swimming after having air and moisture removed, frozen and packed in dry ice..? I think the OP was asking about live fish 🤔

EDIT: Just realised how old this thread is 😂

Last edited:
I’m not sure they will be swimming after having air and moisture removed, frozen and packed in dry ice..? I think the OP was asking about live fish 🤔
I do believe you are correct...lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back