Buying Fish Online

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I'm so sick of haveing to ask for fish that they have a hard time getting. I could just order them online the fish are prices well but shipping is not cheap. But I think if I order a good amount it will be worth it. I already spent $40 on plants that I could have gotten cheaper online even after shipping.

So has anyone ordered fish off line and how did it go? I'm thinking of ordering from "that pet place". I almost feel it would be better to cut out the store less moving less stress.
 
i dont know what yoyr sites for that are like in america but i have ordered fish online twice before , my rotkeil severum and my L081 both arrived fine and healthy , try and use a well known site , even better if they carry some kind of guarentee such as live arrival etc. some sites will extend that health guarentee to 5 days also.
 
the sites i ordered from if they arrive dead you email a photo within an hour of receipt then send the dead fish back and they either replace or refund/store credit
 
yeah its the only reason i was prepared to take the risk. when my L081 arrived i thought it was dead it was so lifeless so i floated the bag anyway nothing happend so just as im on the phone to tell them the fish is dead it starts wriggling. so then i read the bumph that came with it and it says dont worry if your fish appears torpid when it arrives its a normal reaction to the stress of being shipped. i ate my humble pie and got off the phone very red faced :lol:
 
Where'd you order from Mark? I've heard good things about Trimar (and I got some CPD's off rocknurworld, who posted them from Scotland) but not tried anywhere myself.

OP, recommendations from people on here go a long way - I'd wait until someone from the US has recommended a place (and check out their policy re dead fish) and go for it.
 
Hi snowflake311 :)

I recommend using AquaBid. I've had very good luck with my purchases from various sellers on there. The advantage is that there is feedback from other buyers and you can usually contact the seller and discuss your purchase beforehand. If it isn't mentioned in the auction, you can ask such specific questions as age, size, condition, gender, etc. The sellers have often bred or imported the fish themselves and are almost always quite helpful. This is much better than buying from a large company where the person you order from is an office worker who has never even seen the fish you are getting.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top