busy busy...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Max

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i got my 7 5G yesterday, it had a few scraches (cant see them when water is in) it has a built in filter (its called a simplicty filter) 2 18'' light (gunna be upgraded to MH) then today (my bday :- :- :- ) i got my anemones in the mail, so here is what i did, took the lights off the 75G and put them on my 10G to make 5.5 wpg. sound good? oh and i got a starfish and some polyps for free... also i think 2 of my anemones are dying, there base is red and puffy, they were in the same bag together!~!~! what should i do?

also is this light like a MH?

This 500 watt halogen floodlight provides a super-bright light for security and convenience. Constructed of strong die-cast aluminum for extra long life. It can be wall or eave mounted and a bulb is included.

Internet/Catalog # 325324

Price: $15.49/ea

(copied and pasted from homedepot.com) my saltanity level is... (next post im gunna go check it...)

its 1.023... i dont know the nitetrate or any of that stuff yet... ill get that tommarow....

Dragon, that light is not MH or like it.. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.. 500W for $15 is too good to be true :) DOn't get me wrong, it would be bright but...
So no lights on the 75 with the anemones in there? Did you acclimate them? dechlorinate the water? Are you using live rock? Is the water stable? Test it again.. Too early to add livestock in my opinion.. And anemones need light.

no they are in my ten gall. i took the lights off the 75G so there would be enough... try looking at it at home depot it looks like a metal halide, the two ended kind, i duno... :/

Sorry but its definately the wrong type of light. :sad:
Halides we use are designed for a specific light spectrum and colour temperature. (10k, 14k 20k). These kinds of bubls give a specific light that feds the inverts the energy they need. Using a light that is not designed for a marnine environement is asking for trouble. You will probably find it will promote algea growth as it will be in the deep red spectrum and this means it will be feeding algea but totally in the wrong spectrum for the corals to make use of.

Ok for a fish only setup if you have lots of algea eaters etc but not for inverts im afraid :no:

thats ok, what about the two anemones that were shipped in the same bag? on is HUGE... and it fell over... also any one have a websight were they have screw in MH?

i feel like im talking to my self, best deal yet... i THINK this is what im gunna do,

x2 acinic blue 15 watt floesent.
1 250W MH 13k

and that makes... 4.06.... WPG, perfect dont you think?? :lol: :lol:

link to the MH i THINK im gunna get

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Look sok to me. Never heard of a 13k though. In the uk we get 10K 14K 20K (i guess you can get others but these are considered standard).

Nice mix of spectrum there.

Good luck with them.

As for the anemones are concerned i would be worried abot them in the same bag together. They could well have stung each other badly.. maybe even fatally. :crazy:

Are they the same species? if so then they might not have atacked each other.

yeah they are the same... i asked the ebay person and she said it reduced stress... i said oh... i duno im gunna ask on a forum. then she got all pissed and was like how long have you been in this hobby blah blah blah, is it wrong to get a second opinion. they are looking better though but this one keeps moving out of the light... and now its side ways... i will get pics but my digital camera is outa batterys...

Those links you provided are only for the MH bulb. You will still need the fixture which includes the housing, ballast, socket, and reflectory. Be prepared to spend way over the $60 mark you have been seeing for just the bulb.

Secondly, how long has your tank been established. It soulds like it is relatively new. If so, take the anenomes to your LFS and ask them to take them. They will not survive in your tank. Anenomes require excellent light and water care in a mature tank.

impur said:
Secondly, how long has your tank been established. It soulds like it is relatively new. If so, take the anenomes to your LFS and ask them to take them. They will not survive in your tank. Anenomes require excellent light and water care in a mature tank.
I agree with impur here i'm afraid, anenomes are REALLY delicate and need a good ammount of lighting. Also if they die they will pollute your water to no return.

Dont rush things, first things first. :)

That's of course if the tank is been set-up for less than 1 month old.

And most definitly of all do not add fishes or corals for a while, and anenomes too :/ :)

its in my 10G i already had... its not in the 75... oh and also i bought 50 lbs of LR and it should be here monday (ebay-ed it again)

Yeah, you realize those MH bulbs don't just plug into any socket right?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back