🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF people!! :)

I went it my LFS yesterday, And I say the bumble bee gobbie. I wish I wouldn’t have, because sense then I have been obsessed with finding out how to properly care for some. I tried going to “Seriouslyfish.com” but it said their website was under “construction”. If any of you people have any information on how to keep these little cuties, then please let me know!!! :)

All I know is they supposedly like brackish water. That’s the extent of what I know about them.

Bumblebee Goby (Brachygobius doriae), need hard alkaline water or brackish water (containing some salt). They sit on the bottom of the tank and need frozen or live foods. They usually starve in aquariums with other fish and do best in a single species tank.

In addition many will refuse the frozen food and need their live food alive. They do need to be fed every day, that's why I don't keep them because its a problem for holidays or weekends away.

Wow! Harder than I thought!! What is the appropriate tank size (in gallons) to keep a Bumble bee Bobbie? :)

Minimum tank size is about 18 inches long (I don't do gallons).
Maximum size tank is about 36 inches. If you keep them in huge tanks they disappear and you never see them.

Most of them learn to take frozen foods, it's just a matter of try, try, try and try again.
When they are in good condition they don't need feeding every day and can go for a week without food if you need to go away.

Then a 10 gallon would work great!! How many do I keep together?

how many do you want?

you can keep 4-6 in an 18 inch tank, more if you have lots of plants.

My LFS has about 6 now, depending on the cost, I might get all of them. Are they kept good as a community fish? Or do they need to kept with their own kind? :)

I know that on SF it says they are best kept with their own kind, but do you guys have any experience with them? :)

They are so cool. They have the greatest expression on their little faces. Do get them. They are very fun to watch. If I was to get some, I'd go with a 20 long for six of them. The brackish water isn't hard to do. Oh yeah man, get them. And that little suction cup made out of their ventral fins, so cool. They really get into some positions with them.

That makes me want them even more!!! :drool:

Even if you have to pass on these they come around often. They are common. But as was said, they really are best in a species only tank for the very reasons mentioned. I've had them before and really liked them. I don't know if they've been captive bred or not. They sure interact with each other in comical ways. They are really a hoot to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back