Bulk buying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SarahBravo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm suffering from a bad case of MTS.... I think my tanks add up to about 600 litres at the moment. (Not a lot compared to some, but a lot for me!!) This makes it damned expensive buying water conditioner, melafix, test kits etc in those stupid tiny bottles.

Does anyone know anywhere that Supersizes this stuff? I try not to add any chemicals if I can possibly help it, but water conditioner is unavoidable, and I'm a bit of a Melafix addict. I could just buy a case of the stuff, but i was hoping there would be family sized 'economy packs' available somewhere.

Sarah

Hi SarahBravo :)

Here's a thread that has the formula to make MelaFake, the equivalent of MelaFix, using 100% tea tree oil. It has both my version using US measures and CFC's which uses UK measures.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...472&hl=melafake

MelaFix is expensive and this can save you a bundle if you use much of it. Just be certain that you shake it well just before using it. I never add it directly to the tank either, but to the pot I use to do water changes just before running the water into it from the tap. This makes it mix nicely with the water, but I would do the same with the real MelaFix. :D

drfoster snd smith do. Not sure on the site but they have if you buy 6 or more or a product the price reduces on that product or even fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back