Bubbles?

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Okay I'm really confused! :S Okay so I'll give the whole story in a short version. One week ago my ivory mystery snail died. Two days ago my fantail calico goldfish died. I only have three mickey mouse platies in my ten gallon tank. They were all in the same tank. I know goldfish and platies- bad idea. He's dead now. Okay in my ten gallon I have three platies and one mystery snail. I have large pebbles at the bottom and all plastic plants in the tank. I noticed my female platy was pregnant three weeks ago. But still no babies. Then one week ago I realized that my male platy had ich. I treated it for three days. Then my whole tank got all nasty after both the snail and the goldfish died. So last night I took out only half the water. wiped the sides with paper towels (cuz of all the slime) I put the plants in HOT water. But I never cleaned the bottom filled with poop. So the ich on my male went away and now he has fin rot. I gave him an antibiotic and now the whole tank top is filled with bubbles! Like foamy smelly slimey bubbles. I have netted them out three times. I have a Penguin Filter 100. The wheel in the tank has a slime coat all over too. So, if you took the time to read my long story, what do you think I should do? Like with the bubbles and stuff?

This is a pic of my tank and yes the tank really is reddish orange. :unsure:
tank5.jpg



This is a pic of the wheel and the bubbles.
tank1.jpg


Any advice will help!
 
Do you know your water stats?

I've never seen a tank go red..... What meds did you add to it? where any of them red in color? Some meds will create foam on the surface, they usually mention this on the package. Did the fish seem stressed out when they where in the tank?

well, if the meds you added aren't suppose to color the water or create foam. Then I would do a large water change and clean the gravel.
 
I would say you have used to much treatment, sometimes treatments can come with dies and if you add to much it can make the water foam and change colour. I think if you keep the water good and free from high levels then most of the time the fish will be fine.

fin rot is related to poor water.
 
The treatment was a white color and the packet says use one packet per 10G. So I have a ten gallon.
 
haha your fish must HATE u... no offence.. but that tank if far from natrual.. that will really stress a fish out
 
Umm well I found out the meds were T.C. Tetracycline. It is an anti bacterial fish med that treats fin rot, gill disease, sore, and body slime. It says one packet per ten gallons. I don't know what I am doing wrong!!! :shout: The tank is now purple in color and there is more bubbles. My fish have been more active than before though. Any more ideas. Please no more mean comments. I just need help! :-(
 
do a serious water change... and put a carbon filter in to absorb some of the meds
 
I really can't do another water change I did one yesterday! any other advice?
 
yes you can :)

if your fish had ich then why didnt you treat with an ich med?? you say you treated for fin rot gill diesease and body slime????
 
well I did a partial water change and only changed 40% and I also treated both ich and now fin rot.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top