Bronze Cory immediately ate eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Mine don’t eat the eggs until the spawning fun is over. I have eggs almost everyday. Just moved some more over to the nursery tank a minute ag. I. If you can get them through the first week of life, they seem to really take off and grow. Sadly, I only get about 2-4 survivors out of each spawn.

Ah that's not great odds but then just one is enough too. I doubt if mine will do ok. Only got 3 eggs & not sure I'll have the set up they need.

Ah that's not great odds but then just one is enough too. I doubt if mine will do ok. Only got 3 eggs & not sure I'll have the set up they need.

mine are in a 5G and a 10G tank.

Mine don’t eat the eggs until the spawning fun is over. I have eggs almost everyday. Just moved some more over to the nursery tank a minute ag. I. If you can get them through the first week of life, they seem to really take off and grow. Sadly, I only get about 2-4 survivors out of each spawn.
Your fry are probably starving. Make some green water and infusoria and put the eggs in the green water or add green water and infusoria to the rearing tank. See if that increases survival rates. The fry tank needs to be dark green so the fry are right next to the food and don't waste energy trying to get it.

You can also try boiled egg yolk.

The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish, including green water and infusoria.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back