Bronze cories spawned!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes please!!! Nope, never seen one, but I sure would love to!
These are from my last spawn, not this one, but they look the same, lol.

Eggs
DSCF4040.JPG

Freshly hatched, tiny cory babies! They look more like insects, don't they? So small! These are bronze cories

DSCF4332.JPG

A few days old;
DSCF4376.JPG

A couple of weeks old. Finally look like little cories!
DSCF4768.JPG

Oh my!!! So. Unbelievably. Tiny. ? ? ? Oh wow, they do look like insects. Very, very cute insects! Thank you for sharing photos!
No need to thank me, I love spamming photos of my fish here! ;)
There are a load more photos in this thread;

From that spawn, from newborn wrigglers to when they were almost adults. Lots of useful links in that thread too if you ever want to breed cories. @Deanasue remember back then you said you were jealous because yours hadn't spawned yet? And now you've had loads of spawns :D Even bred a black mutation! You lucky thing. I'm jealous of that one, lol

Oooooooo, I will definitely read that thread!
From that spawn, from newborn wrigglers to when they were almost adults. Lots of useful links in that thread too if you ever want to breed cories
Thank you for the link! I have been considering setting up a breeding tank for my cory hastatus!

Thank you for the link! I have been considering setting up a breeding tank for my cory hastatus!
Ooohh, please make a photo thread if you do breed them! Even tinier babies! :wub:

I'm hoping to breed my pygmy cories at some point, but mine are still too young, only babies themselves really.

Ooohh, please make a photo thread if you do breed them! Even tinier babies! :wub:
Definitely will!
I'm hoping to breed my pygmy cories at some point, but mine are still too young, only babies themselves really.
That would be adorable! I love pygmy cories. I have both pygmy cories and cory hastatus, love love love them both. My hastatus are about 9 months I believe, though who knows how old they were when I bought them

Still just five wrigglers... come on little guys! I want lots of baby cories this time!

From that spawn, from newborn wrigglers to when they were almost adults. Lots of useful links in that thread too if you ever want to breed cories. @Deanasue remember back then you said you were jealous because yours hadn't spawned yet? And now you've had loads of spawns :D Even bred a black mutation! You lucky thing. I'm jealous of that one, lol
You get what you wish for. Lol! How many babies do we have right now?

You get what you wish for. Lol! How many babies do we have right now?
Still only five, as of the last check half an hour ago! Trying to resist the temptation to check them again for another hour or two... agonising waiting!

Girl, pull your chair up and watch those wigglers pop out! ?
I can't! They're in a tupperware sitting in a tank, and it's impossible to see them properly in there, so to count them, I have to remove the tub and place it on a white cloth, and put a tank light over the top. Then remove the almond leaf they're hiding under, and can't keep them out too long since I don't want the water to cool down.

So I'm satisfying the urge to check by only checkin every hour or so. Poor little guys, I don't want to stress them out too much!
Slowly meaning that the first one was out when I checked them at 4pm, and now it's eight hours later, and only seven are out...

Last edited:
I'm up to seven wrigglers!

Not going to check them again tonight (I'm determined! Though constantly tempted) because I really don't want to disturb and stress them, and I can't help them hatch anyway.

I'm fretting though that they're hatching out so slowly. I feel like I had 18 wrigglers in no time the last time, like, they kept hatching out so quickly, but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Should I be worried?

I'm up to seven wrigglers!

Not going to check them again tonight (I'm determined! Though constantly tempted) because I really don't want to disturb and stress them, and I can't help them hatch anyway.

I'm fretting though that they're hatching out so slowly. I feel like I had 18 wrigglers in no time the last time, like, they kept hatching out so quickly, but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Should I be worried?
It’s still early. They’re OK. I never got more than 7 until this last time. :)

It’s still early. They’re OK. I never got more than 7 until this last time. :)
Thank you :) I can't sleep, too wired, so have been doing chores to keep myself occupied so I don't disturb them to keep checking on them. There's no point in continually checking and counting, I can't help any that can't hatch by themselves anyway. Gonna look back at my old post and see if it took a long time for them to finish hatching that time.

Even if I don't get many/any survivors this time, once I add the 11 in this tank to the four in the 57, do some cold water changes, I'm sure I'll get more spawns!

Have nine wrigglers now, still some more with their tails popped out and wriggling around, trying to finish escaping the egg. Still a lot more eggs... whether they're going to hatch, will have to wait and see.

Managed to snap a few not brilliant shots.

Lots of eggs;
DSCF6857.JPG

Airpump sent a lot of the eggs over here, can see a couple of wrigglers top right!
DSCF6826.JPG

Two wrigglers, and one with his tail out of the egg, but hasn't fully left the egg yet;
DSCF6837.JPG

More wrigglers;
DSCF6846.JPG

Same wrigglers, lol
DSCF6865.JPG

It is making me a bit nervous that not many have hatched out yet. Last time I had 18 wrigglers, and it's normal to lose a lot of them. So not having many to begin with scares me. But thinking back to last time, I did still have wrigglers hatching on the second day after the first ones hatched, so fingers crossed! Please please please!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back