Broken Tank! Repairable?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi all.

First post here so be nice! lol

I purchased a 160l tank which arrived yesterday with 2 "dinks" either corners!
My first thoughts are not to bother using it al all...especially having 160l's of water in it!

What are your thoughts? can it be repaired 100% (i doubt it)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this a new tank, Wabbit? If it is, I'd be straight on the phone kicking up a stink!

It might be repairable; are the 'dinks' on the top or bottom of the tank? I'm finding it hard to tell :S

Is this a new tank, Wabbit? If it is, I'd be straight on the phone kicking up a stink!

It might be repairable; are the 'dinks' on the top or bottom of the tank? I'm finding it hard to tell :S

Hello Fluttermoth.

I contacted them and kicked up loads of fuss.... got a new tank arriving friday!

The "dinks" are on the bottom sadly (sorry for the bad pics! other half took them! lol)

Ah! Well, that's good service then :)

Going by your first photo, not only has the base been damaged but the two side panels also have cracked.
Personally I wouldn't bother trying to repair it.

And as you are getting a replacement on Friday, don't the company want the old one back as evidence of the damage so that it can make an insurance claim?

David

Sorry, in the first photo... That is actually a hair! Lol...
No they dont want it back... They asked if i could dispose of it!

If they don't want it back, I would probably see what could be done to fix it, and if it would be cheap.

Maybe a little aquarium silicone on the corners inside and out where it is then do a leak test :good:

Might be able to sell it on craigslist to a reptile or amphibian person if anything

Best thing to do is bin it, especially as ytou don't really need it. To repair it properly means replacing at least 2 of the panels, and it's not really worth the bother.

Thanks all..

Decided its best not to bother attempting a repair, and using it for fish!
Going to sell it for reptile keepers... wish i could use it for reptiles, but i have too many geckos! the other half said "no more bloody reptiles!" lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back