British Weather

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chrisbassist

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from walking into the town centre, on my way back someone walking the other way said something along the lines of too hot today isn't it?

Why are brits never happy?

If the temp dropped 5 degrees we'd be whining about how itsnever hot here. We whine about rain, then we whine when there isn't enough and we can't use hosepipes.

We whine if it's too hot, we whine when it's too cold, and we whine that itsnit hot enough when it's in the middle!

Winds me up!

I for one, am loving this weather. Sure I may get a but sweaty, but I don't care. It absolutely lovely weather. If it got hotter naybe I'd just start wearingshorts or something.

So my message is stopwhining and enjoy it.

start wearing shorts? i hav'nt stopped lol

i love it too, had the last 3 days off to which was just awesome B-) B-)

My mother is complaining its too hot though :rolleyes:

yesterday was awesome, sun shining but with a cool breeze! I get much to hot when its just humid.

start wearing shorts? i hav'nt stopped lol

yup, start wearing them, I always wear jeans, and this weather hasn't changed that.

If the temp dropped 5 degrees we'd be whining about how itsnever hot here. We whine about rain, then we whine when there isn't enough and we can't use hosepipes.

Ha live up north and you can use your hosepipes all year round :p

I'm loving the recent temperature :). I haven't heard anyone complain yet :)

I've heard nothing but complaints. it winds me up. I hear nothing but complaints when its cold, and nothing but complaints when its hot...

this is one reason I want to move abroad. current contenders are Tuscany and Rhodes.

It's all very well if you can mill around outside, but most buildings are like greenhouses. No air conditioning (or rubbish air conditioning, or air conditioning that the people on charge only seem to switch on in winter), 'safety' windows that only open a few inches (if there's a breeze at all), lots of big bits of glass that trap all the heat inside.

Maybe I can just cope with higher temps. I'd be happy to go for a run in weather like this.

Ha live up north and you can use your hosepipes all year round :p

I'm loving the recent temperature :). I haven't heard anyone complain yet :)

I've heard nothing but complaints. it winds me up. I hear nothing but complaints when its cold, and nothing but complaints when its hot...

this is one reason I want to move abroad. current contenders are Tuscany and Rhodes.

Maybe you should hang around with new people :).

I prefer the cold to the heat, but I only whine about the heat when no one will come out, theres nothing worse then sitting inside on a hot day with nothing to do.

The only person I choose to hang out with grew up in Greece and is of the same opinion as me. But my in laws, other old people, and random people I walk past in the street are always whinging.

I used to work in a kitchen, and when it's this hot outside, and you're in a proper kitchen, that's when it starts to get hot, mainly coz chef whites always seem to be too thick

i love this hot weather but have also heard a good few complaints i just think its what british people are good at complaining and of course queuing :)

Ash

I to am loving the weather,i can moan if i want aswell as i drive a greenhouse all day everyday,but to see the sun and feel the warmth just cheers me up no end,oh and ofcourse the layers shed by the female species :drool: :shifty:

The temp in my bus was reading 33c today and its pretty accurate,give or take a few degree's... :fun:

I dont get why everyone is raving about 'the british heatwave'. Its not a bloody heatwave, its 30 degs. Not exactly hot, just what you would expect in the sping/summer.
Rant over.

Try wearing a boiler suit for 8 hours in the heat and the fun will soon wear off.

I dont get why everyone is raving about 'the british heatwave'. Its not a bloody heatwave, its 30 degs. Not exactly hot, just what you would expect in the sping/summer.
Rant over.

30 degrees is a heatwave for britain! lol well compared to the freezing temperatures we have had and all that snow :p

Ill be wearing a boiler suit come september so will feel your pain lol

Ash

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back