The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blackbat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Tank size: 480 lt (british) tank is 5ftx3ftx2ft

tank temp:80f

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
well established tank with fish of unknown age. The two adult )1 male 1 female)bristlenose catfish and the younger male have been fighting for a while. The males bullied the female and the large pleco would defend her. She has been lying upside down now for about a month and then today she died. She had lost weight but was eating but she would spend more and more time lying upside down. Over the last 3 days the older male catfish has been doing the same thing. They I assume are the same age as they are the parents of the younger male. I am unsure of thier actual age as I was given them fully mature.
I am just worried now about the other male.
All the other fish are showing no symptoms.....could this just be old age?

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 25% weekly filter is cleaned weekly by rinsing in cleanish tank water.

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: none just water treatment at water changes

Tank inhabitants: 1 pleco, 2(now) bristlenose catfish, 1 denison barb, 3 gourami, 3 cories, 1 bala shark, 2 angelfish and 4 clown loach

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):
denison barb 1 week ago not ill

Exposure to chemicals: none

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back