Brian Died

Jo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm getting a little concerned about one of my tanks, I put three Julii cory's in last friday and by tuesday two were dead, the started to hang vertically and then died the next day..! :(

I moved the remaining one into my 37g and she seems ok in there at the moment!

I tested thte water, amonia 0 nitrite 0 ph 7.2(ish, hard to tell) nitrate a little high, but only about 11mg, did a water change, just in case it was nitrate poisoning...here comes my first problem, tested my tap water and the nitrate is about 11mg....probably accounting for the level of nitrate in the tank...does anyone know anything that can be added to tank water to reduce the nitrate?

Then last night i got home and noticed that Brian, one of my male palties was dead too...he had been swiming round on the top of the surface the day before and looked a little bit like he had white foam or white something on his mouth (lips, if they had some) I left him alone and then got back last night and he was dead. :'(

I knew that he can't have had a problem with the water, he has been living in there happily for about 2months now...I'm concerned that the cory's might have brought a disease into my tank, or that there is something wrong with it...

The only problem that I have been able to find is a bit of white spot, which I have been treating with higher temperatures and some medicine from the shop..this has been seeming to do the trick, but now this..!

I'm scared that i'm going to lose all the fish in this tank..! :(

please can someone help me..

does anyone know what this disease Brian had was, or what was up with the cory's, or have any advice to help me out of a pickle....?

Temp get too high and knock some O2 out of the water? I think that's what just happened to my loaches.. :-( We've had a bad week here.. They were vertical to the top and I imagined they were looking for oxygen. I immediately did a 50% water change and let the water down a bit so the filter dumped it and made better bubbles but I think I was too late.. The other fish are still fine..

Most reactions

Back