Breeding Net

JRS21386

Reaction score
I just bought a breeder net for my mollies, but then again i dont really know when i should use it... could someone please let me know what exactly i do with it and when... should i put both the male and female in there until something happens or what? Thanks for your help

Don't put the male and female in the breeder net. Let them mate and do their thing in the main tank. After a few weeks you'll see your female start to get fatter. A week or three later her belly will start to square up like this \_____/.

When you see her bum getting a bit bigger and her belly gets really squared up then you can net her. It won't happen right away but she'll drop fry eventually. :)

once you notice the female is massive and doesnt eat anything then place her into the net, them voila babies, you could consider putting the male in the breeding trap and let the female give birth naturally

Don't put both your female and male in the breeding net. Let them mate in the tank. Your molly will probably give birth in about 4 weeks. She will be huge, she might not be eating, and she sometimes is hiding. Then the breeding net comes in. put her in it and remove her after she gives birth. Presto! You have about 10-30 fry swimming around in your net! :D

DON'T PUT MOLLIES IN BREEDER NETS!

Mollies are too large to be put in breeders. Even if the picture on the box shows swordtails or mollies don't believe it. Breeders can be used with smaller livebearers (not that I recommend it) but are not good for larger ones. They get stressed out and either jump or bash themselves off the sides and get hurt. Its best to let them give birth in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back