Breeding Kribs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:( aw, better luck next time. I hear it can take them a few goes to master it.
I daren't look under my cave agin, my Spot zoomed out last time and looked soooo pissed off at me...lol. I daren't risk her wrath again! :) Plus, I put the cave back down too firmly and she couldn't fit through the gap in the door, she was NOT amused :p I had to make some minor adjustments!
Poor Mr Krib is being well and truly left out of things, he's just hiding under the filter, popping out for the odd krib pellet.

:( aw, better luck next time. I hear it can take them a few goes to master it.
I daren't look under my cave agin, my Spot zoomed out last time and looked soooo pissed off at me...lol. I daren't risk her wrath again! :) Plus, I put the cave back down too firmly and she couldn't fit through the gap in the door, she was NOT amused :p I had to make some minor adjustments!
Poor Mr Krib is being well and truly left out of things, he's just hiding under the filter, popping out for the odd krib pellet.

Wishing you all the luck, hope to see pics soon :good:
My little boy would love to see cos he was very excited, but understands , hopefully they will get there soon!!!!
???

Oh yeah, as soon as there is so much as a sniff of swimming baby I will be camped out in front of the tank with a camera :p

Well, What a saga this is turning out to be!!!
Looked this morning, and appears I may be wrong again !! Just for a change :rofl:
Seems Mum has transferred the eggs to another cave and they are still there, though I cant get close enough to see if they are yet at wriggling stage, and dont want to disturb her.
I dont know if she would still move the eggs if they were not viable ???
Anyway, at least they havent been eaten yet !!
Will just have to wait and see :dunno:
Becks.

You know when you use an upturned plant pot? Do you just upturnit on top of the substrate or do you bury it in the substrate a little to make a semi-circle cave with a substrate bottom?

You know when you use an upturned plant pot? Do you just upturnit on top of the substrate or do you bury it in the substrate a little to make a semi-circle cave with a substrate bottom?

I bury mine a little in the substrate to make semi circle cave
Becks.

Woo, you may have babies yet! Fingers crossed Backs x
I succumbed last night and had another peek in the coconut cave.... can't see any tails in those eggs but they are sooo small! Looks like she has made a large dent in the gravel inside the cave to move them to, I was expecting her to move them to somewhere completely different but she has obviously decided that the mini tree cave and the flower pot are not worthy of her babies :p She is so funny when I pick the cave up, she swims round and round where the cave should be until i replace it! Such a loving mum :)

I HAVE WRIGGLERS! omg I am so excited..... I wondered why Spot was suddenly happy to spend more time outside the cave.... :) I am dying for them to become free swimming!
Now, what I need to know, is when is the best time to move them into a grow out tank??

When either the are really big, they are wandering very far away from the paretns, to the pint of the parents not careing for them, or when they parents show signs of breeding again( they'll eat the current babies if you allow them to lay again).

O.M.G. THEY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!! Mum and dad have taken then to a nasty plastic plant pot on its side, i went in there to replace it with a nice terracotta one I just bought them and they are all in there! And there are looooads! Can't even begin to count right now. I am SO happy! here is a pic!
DSC_01402.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back