Breeding Guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Help!

My husband owns a guppy tank. It’s a 10 gallon with 4 guppies, 2 male and 2 female and 3 nerite snails.

today as we watch the tank we notice that there are something moving, very small fishes and then we found out that was one of the guppy baby.

the question is, what should we do now? We never deal with any fry before and have completely no idea. We want to keep the fry and raise them.

thank you!

first get 2 more females that will make all the females happier because the ratio for less stress is 1 male to 2 females, UNLESS you have trained them to be a pair basically 1 male one female and theres no need for another female. the fry should be kept in breeder if you catch some and feed powdered food, and other foods like egg yolk i think. i feed them powdered fish food LOTS of bugs to help them grow. when they grow up give them live food like brine shrimp if you can get them it makes them grow faster. add some plants in the breeder like hornwort they will feel more secure. thats all i think i have (a lot of people have more info than me ive only had fry like 4-5 times lol)

Help!

My husband owns a guppy tank. It’s a 10 gallon with 4 guppies, 2 male and 2 female and 3 nerite snails.

today as we watch the tank we notice that there are something moving, very small fishes and then we found out that was one of the guppy baby.

the question is, what should we do now? We never deal with any fry before and have completely no idea. We want to keep the fry and raise them.

thank you!
You really don't have to do anything special, they'll continue to breed...prolifically

You really don't have to do anything special, they'll continue to breed...prolifically
i let my guppies and swordtails do whatever they want im not gonna be that annoying parent that invades their love life. they dont eat the babies so i dont really care anyways lol

Thank you everyone.

so now i have moved all the fry to a seperated tank because i see aggression towards the fry from the male guppies.

in that tank i give them like pipes for hiding and some decorative plants (not live plants) but i can just get amazon sword from my community tank if that’ll make the fry feel safer. Since the mother still giving birth i let the mother stay with them and plan to remove her back to her tank when she stop giving birth.

i gave the fry crushed micro pellets and will give them egg yolk, too. Also i have plenty brine shrimp (frozen) because my honey gourami likes it, so i’ll have no problem on feeding the fry that as they grow

about the ratio i’ll asked my husband to add two more female.

how many times should i do water change on the fry tank?

Thank you everyone.

so now i have moved all the fry to a seperated tank because i see aggression towards the fry from the male guppies.

in that tank i give them like pipes for hiding and some decorative plants (not live plants) but i can just get amazon sword from my community tank if that’ll make the fry feel safer. Since the mother still giving birth i let the mother stay with them and plan to remove her back to her tank when she stop giving birth.

i gave the fry crushed micro pellets and will give them egg yolk, too. Also i have plenty brine shrimp (frozen) because my honey gourami likes it, so i’ll have no problem on feeding the fry that as they grow

about the ratio i’ll asked my husband to add two more female.

how many times should i do water change on the fry tank?
amazon sword is fine but water change just do it more frequently not more water i think.feed brine later because they are too small if they are newborn they will have a hard time tackling it. deco plants are ok if they havelots of nooks and crannies. be careful moving the mother if shes stressed she will abort!! where do you get your prine shrimp? i kinda want some for my fish

amazon sword is fine but water change just do it more frequently not more water i think.feed brine later because they are too small if they are newborn they will have a hard time tackling it. deco plants are ok if they havelots of nooks and crannies. be careful moving the mother if shes stressed she will abort!! where do you get your prine shrimp? i kinda want some for my fish
Yup, now i feed them crushed micro pellet (i crushed it until it’s turning into powder)
Yup i’ll leave the mother a day or two with the fry to avoid her being too stressed out.

almost every LFS in my country sell frozen brine shrimp and bloodworm and daphina, too.

One thing to remember is that each female can produce 50 or more fry every 28 days. They females can continue to produce fry for 10 months or so once separated from the male, since they do hold onto milt. You will want to start thinking ahead for what you will do with all of your fish.

One thing to remember is that each female can produce 50 or more fry every 28 days. They females can continue to produce fry for 10 months or so once separated from the male, since they do hold onto milt. You will want to start thinking ahead for what you will do with all of your fish.
Ohhh this i do know only too well, My 4 Females having 300 fry in a matter of weeks ?

About that i have LFS here that would gladly take the guppies once they are bigger, i have giving them fish before and they would take them happily and i got to grab a few bottles of fertilizer or stuff from his store.

As long as the guppies are healthy i'm sure he would take them, too :)

I put all my fry in a 10 Gallon,Grew them until at least 4 weeks, Then shipped all but 10 of them out. They are still in the community tank now having their own fry, So its all going to start again very soon ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back