Brachygobius doriae in backwater?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

el bozo

Reaction score
On seriously fish, it says populations of Brachygobius doriae can be found in blackwater swamps with negligible hardness so I'm wondering if store brought ones can be adjusted to blackwater conditions? Has anyone kept them in blackwater? If you have what was the hardness and the pH? Also if they can't, what are some other blackwater bottom dwellers that can live in a 10 gal?

On seriously fish, it says populations of Brachygobius doriae can be found in blackwater swamps with negligible hardness so I'm wondering if store brought ones can be adjusted to blackwater conditions? Has anyone kept them in blackwater? If you have what was the hardness and the pH? Also if they can't, what are some other blackwater bottom dwellers that can live in a 10 gal?
You can put them in black water. The tannins the wood/leaves gives off is beneficial for fish and you dont need to acclimate them to blackwater conditions.

have you tried this, and if so, how long have they lived?
Its mostly common knowledge that you can keep most freshwater fish in black water... It doesnt do any harm. I haven't kept bumblebee gobies but I did do research a while back and found out they do live in black water environments. I have a blackwater aquarium being set up and will be putting fish in there that havent been taised in black water.

Most reactions

trending

Back