Brace Yourselve's For Another Freezing Winter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh great, that's all we need, though I'm old enough to remember regular hard winters

is this from the same forecasters that predicted BBQ summers for 2 out if the last 3 summers?
rolleyes.gif

What's a summer? Oh I remember, those few days back in early June

Yes but they always seem spot on with the crappy winters and completely wrong with the summer, another bitter winter is inevitable, supposedly it's all part of the suns current solar cycle.

Its times like this hibernation seems very appealing.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And here in Central Queensland we are bracing for another onslaught of floods and cyclones, to be followed again in Spring next year with more bad bush fires.

I always said i was happy living in the UK as i dont like extremes... the UK isnt good at anything nor is it particularly awful (well... there are always exceptions lol like football...eurovision etc..)

I think its 'someone' trying to wipe out all the elderly and the young and those living on the streets and without heating. :huh:

How come places can hit -40 and not have any problems, people dont start dropping dead but in the UK, people start going mental when it hits -2... its worrying!

I want to hibernate, winter makes me feel old :( i can barely get out of bed in th mornings because of joint pains... and yet i have to so i can drive the 30 miles to make sure people can stock up on their fish essentials!!

The idea of driving 30 miles each way in heavy snow is terrifying me somewhat... its all country roads and i live right on top of a hill... and i work right on top of another hill. Eeep!

Thank god for Fiestas though, i think most people should be banned from driving in the snow, my Fiesta is perfect for me, it does skip over the ice but so long as i stay relaxed and dont panic, i can generally negotiate situations that my ex got his landrover stuck in LOL.

I think people should start stocking up on essential foods now, get xmas presents sorted, make sure sledges are all ready and hats, gloves and scarves and lots of candles and matches in stock and torches... then roll on winter!

Cant say i hate snow but after a serious sledging accident where i flew about 10ft through the air and landed on my tailbone in a badger set and damaged my lower back, you wont catch me on a sledge again!

EDIT: Talking of snow and winter, i feel the need to make an epic stew! the farm shop near work is due to have their winter veg offer on soon :hyper: 5kgs of veg for £2. I eat so many veggies over winter i get sick of the sight of carrots, swede, parsnips, potatos etc

Cannot wait for winter. Living by the sea we normally only get snow that lays when it's really bad. Last year it was a foot deep in the garden, my dog loved it.

The downside, i cut my hair on Sunday and with me working outside i've been frozen all week...new hat in order!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back