BP Cichlids in a 55 gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

tgun021

Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon I plan to keep a BP cichlid or two in. Do you recommend I keep a single BP cichlid, or a pair?

By BP, do you mean blood parrot cichlid?

If you can get a young pr that are happy together, they might be alright in that size tank, but it depends on the actual tank dimensions (length x width x height).

If you get 2 fish that don't like each other, they will kill each other in that tank.

If you want a breeding pair of cichlids, buy a group of 8-10 young fish and grow them up together. Let them pair off naturally and when you have a pr, either move them into their own tank, or move the other fish out.

By BP, do you mean blood parrot cichlid?

If you can get a young pr that are happy together, they might be alright in that size tank, but it depends on the actual tank dimensions (length x width x height).

If you get 2 fish that don't like each other, they will kill each other in that tank.

If you want a breeding pair of cichlids, buy a group of 8-10 young fish and grow them up together. Let them pair off naturally and when you have a pr, either move them into their own tank, or move the other fish out.
Yes, I mean blood parrot cichlids. Itā€™s a 55 long, 48 x 13 x 21. I donā€™t want a breeding pair

Yes, I mean blood parrot cichlids. Itā€™s a 55 long, 48 x 13 x 21. I donā€™t want a breeding pair
Due to being a hybrid, blood parrot males tend to be sterile. My female has laid eggs, however none hatched, even with the firemouth boyfriend she had at the time.
In my opinion if you got them both young a pair of blood parrots would be fine in a 55.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back