FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
These three have established a hierarchy and its interesting to see. You can tell the most dominant by how he holds all of his fins out, the second dominant only has his dorsal ouspread, and the lowest has all of his fins tucked in.

This is how the 3 of them display to one another, and proceed to chase the lowest around the tank like a bunch of chihuahuas after a mailman. But dont separate them, because then they mope and hide constantly. They are always together this trio. The two mickey mouse blues are brothers from the same brood born in this tank.

20200430_161412.jpg
20200430_161307.jpg

Bonus photo, the tiny brothers when they were just a couple weeks old.
20190913_075531.jpg

These three have established a hierarchy and its interesting to see. You can tell the most dominant by how he holds all of his fins out, the second dominant only has his dorsal ouspread, and the lowest has all of his fins tucked in.

This is how the 3 of them display to one another, and proceed to chase the lowest around the tank like a bunch of chihuahuas after a mailman. But dont separate them, because then they mope and hide constantly. They are always together this trio. The two mickey mouse blues are brothers from the same brood born in this tank.

View attachment 103168View attachment 103169

Bonus photo, the tiny brothers when they were just a couple weeks old.
View attachment 103170
How bad does the chasing get? I mean is the least dominant one going to get hurt?

How bad does the chasing get? I mean is the least dominant one going to get hurt?
Hes chased, the odd nip, but no damage. He follows his brother immediately after regardless. Ive separated them before and they got depressed, go figure lol

Hes chased, the odd nip, but no damage. He follows his brother immediately after regardless. Ive separated them before and they got depressed, go figure lol
That's promising. I had 2 and one mysteriously died. What do you think about a trio of males with 6 minnows and 4 Rainbow furcatus and 2 Amano in a 20g?

That is so cool, would like to see a short video if possible. Looks like you have plenty of hiding spot in case things get out of hand. :good:

That's promising. I had 2 and one mysteriously died. What do you think about a trio of males with 6 minnows and 4 Rainbow furcatus and 2 Amano in a 20g?
Mine are in a 3 foot tank. I think a 20 long would give enough space for 3 males but id not want to risk a 20g tall.

That is so cool, would like to see a short video if possible. Looks like you have plenty of hiding spot in case things get out of hand. :good:

Ill have to get a video lol

Thank you for the video, two of my neon tetras M/F were really racing around the tank today then they started dancing around in a tight circle. Wish I could have recorded it. I have seen them chase each other before but not like this. They were for sure breeding, they kept on doing it several time for a good 20 minutes. I think I may finally have the water conditions right for neon tetra-time will tell.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back