Boys will be Boys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thank you for the video, two of my neon tetras M/F were really racing around the tank today then they started dancing around in a tight circle. Wish I could have recorded it. I have seen them chase each other before but not like this. They were for sure breeding, they kept on doing it several time for a good 20 minutes. I think I may finally have the water conditions right for neon tetra-time will tell.

My male rosy barbs would do that during breeding and nip at each other. No harm done just a dominant thing. My pacific blue eyes race up to a male with all fins flaring if to close to his mark to show dominants and then chase them off. I find it fascinating to watch

Old thread but I'm just reading it. This is great. Exactly what is going on with my 3 male platies. Two red mickey mouse came from the same tank and were in mine for a month or so more than the new orange mickey mouse we added. There is 100% an alpha that does whatever he wants. The other two can't stay away though. They follow him along until he turns around and chases them (no damage)....an hour later they're back. It's like they are looking for it...the two subordinates also do a weird thing where sometimes they get into this odd "s shape" almost (not permanent) when the alpha does his alpha thing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back