Bottom Feeders

drufly

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
lisburn, N Ireland
hi i am looking for a small bottom feeder to ad to my community.

I have a 20gal tank with:-
7 golden white cloud mountain minnows
10 neons
5 platys
an 4 dwarf frogs

Does any1 have any sugestions. All will be welcome
 
corys are not bottom feeders in the classical sense but they will stay near the bottom for most of their life and would make a wonderful addition to most communities. Search "corydoras" on google and see if there are any species in which you like
 
also you get have some dwarf Botia, there are a few species out there, they are quite fun to watch.
 
Yoyo loaches, clown loaches, kuhli loaches, Corydoras, Red tailed black shark, silver shark, some plectomus probably much more but i can't think of.
 
I personally did not like the larger loaches. They tore my tank up and freaked my other fish out. I always liked the chineese algae eaters, or the plecos. These fish can get aggressive as they get bigger, and they are messy too, so your going to have to trade them in or sell them before no time. If you do get a pleco always try and look for the most active one. I think these guys really have some individual personality. I would get some that would never move and others that swam around like the other fish eating off the top and everything.
 
cories or a BN plec would be ideal, i think. :good:
 
There are quite a few options including:

a small shoal of corys
(hastatus stay very small and a large shoal is great for smaller tanks)
1 bulldog pleco
small shoal of otos,
Large group of shrimp
4 Dwarf Chain Loach
Group of kuhli loach
 

Most reactions

Back
Top