Bosemani Rainbows

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
GB
lost 1 of my bosemani rainbows over the weekend did have 7 but now i just have the 6. all other fish appear in good health ammonia and nitrites read at 0 cant test or nitrates as i need to get another kit . ph is around 7.6 i do weekly water change of around 30% with gravel vaccing as well. due to the apparantly good water quality and good health of the othjer fish im just guessing its a case of you will occasionally lose the odd fish . however are there any other considerations for bosemans that i have missed?
 
forgot to mention tank size/stocking its a 100g tank 4x2x2 stocking is

2 kribs
1 severum
1 blue acara
1 pictus catfish
3 pearl gourami
1 plec
3 clown loaches
6 bosemani rainbows

which i wouldnt call high stocking density for a tank of that size
 
I never have had luck with doing any less than 50% with rainbows. It only takes a few more minutes to get the extra 20% (I have to clean 8 tanks every week and I know how time adds up!) That site is one of the best for rainbow information. You might also want to visit
[URL="http://rainbowfish.info/forum/"]http://rainbowfish.info/forum/[/URL] or [URL="http://bowheads.org/forums/index.php"]http://bowheads.org/forums/index.php[/URL]

Bowheads! is for North America and Rainbowfish.info is for the rest of the world. I am a member of both forums.
 
forgot to mention tank size/stocking its a 100g tank 4x2x2 stocking is

2 kribs
1 severum
1 blue acara
1 pictus catfish
3 pearl gourami
1 plec
3 clown loaches
6 bosemani rainbows

which i wouldnt call high stocking density for a tank of that size


I lost a few rainbow fish whilst feeding my corys with pellets - the rainbows go for the pellets and get them stuck in their mouths (apparantley they have narrow throats)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top