Boot Sale Bargains?

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
Inspired by a couple of lucky people on the betta section, I went to a local car boot yesterday-normally, I avoid them like the plague :lol:
All I saw was a small clearseal tank, maybe 18".
I shall persevere though-they're not bad if you're looking for something particular and H loves them, so he's happy :)
So, have you been lucky with tanks at car boots?
 
not care boot's but tip's ive heard lot's of people including my sister's friend.....finding big tank's down the tip, one was a 4/2/2ft with a stand/hood/light etc :good: free

haha i mite have a nose next time i pass the tip lol and car boot sale every weekend from now on hahaha
 
What's a car boot? Is it what we call a flea market, where a lot of people get together and sell their old stuff? :unsure:
 
Yes, that's it inchworm.
I went to our local tip for a tank and was told they're not allowed to keep anything to sell any more-it all has to be thrown away. Didn't ask why but I suspect H&S will have a lot to do with it :crazy:
 
That's it basically. Only Car Boot sales happen in huge fields.

All of my tanks except the 3 gallon have come from a car boot. All those in my signature.

Both 5 gallons and the 12 gallon were £5 each, but the best bargain was my 30 gallon. It didn't have a hood, just the tank, but the filter came with it for nothing. It's an Eheim 2215 classic, and it work perfectly, and has done for 5 years . The tank and free Eheim filter cost me £22. The filter alone is worth around £70 ( I checked prices online :P ) .

I am banned from having any more tanks though . I have to shove my hands in my pockets and shut my eyes when I see tanks at car boot sales. Mother would hang draw and quater me if I bought another .
 
I guess Inchworm saw the title like me and came in to delete it as spam thinking someone was linking to a Nike boot sale now. :lol:
 
Yes, that's it inchworm.
I went to our local tip for a tank and was told they're not allowed to keep anything to sell any more-it all has to be thrown away. Didn't ask why but I suspect H&S will have a lot to do with it :crazy:

That's funny how each county's different. I was down the tip last week dropping off tonne's of garden waste, there's an area when you go in where they salvage good item's and sell again for peanut's....They had fish tank's / desk's / wardrobe's/children's large toy's like bike's and truck's etc....only thing they can't sell obviously is electrical item's
 
have to say the occasional bargain o fleabay to be had
I manged to pick up a Juewl rekord 60
6 months old with heater, filter, syphon cleaner, and some other bits for a grand total of .........

















£10.50 :good: and the guy selling it stayed about 1/2 a mile a way so picked it up an payed cash!!!!

1 will spend another 30 - 60 to get filter media, plants, fish, decoration etc
 
I am a moderator on my local freecycle and I approve tons of tanks to get posted each week, on average I would say 1 per day and some of them are 3 foot +. I don't even have the room for my current big tank though its in the mouldy basement and quite neglected. Best thing about being a freecycle mod though is that you get first dibs :).
 
I am a moderator on my local freecycle and I approve tons of tanks to get posted each week, on average I would say 1 per day and some of them are 3 foot +. I don't even have the room for my current big tank though its in the mouldy basement and quite neglected. Best thing about being a freecycle mod though is that you get first dibs :).

Do you get a chance to take them before the message goes public!!!!

My current tank was an absolute bargain, came from gumtree. Rena aqualife 340l + cabinet. Filter, fish, bogwood, countless meds, whole complete setup, including fish £50. The couple I bought it from were moving and couldn't get rid of it. They even took the cabinet in their car while I had the tank in mine they wanted it gone that much lol.
 
first boot sale ive been to in yrs was yesterday, wasnt a huge one but was pleased when i spotted a biorb with extras for £10, just a small one, but will be fine for shrimp gro out etc :)

guess where im going next sunday.. only this time ill get up earlier :lol:
 
first boot sale ive been to in yrs was yesterday, wasnt a huge one but was pleased when i spotted a biorb with extras for £10, just a small one, but will be fine for shrimp gro out etc :)

guess where im going next sunday.. only this time ill get up earlier :lol:

church ?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top