Boot Sale Bargains?

In Amercia I think the nearest thing is a garage sale, similar except loads of people put the junk from their garage in to their cars to a field and then sell from the boot (Or trunk!)

I havent been to one in years...maybe I should have a nose!
 
You're a jammy lot! I really must get my bum out of bed early next sunday!
 
now my football season has ended i think i might find my local bootsale and spend a few pounds on bargins like
 
I can't have any more tanks. Recently i am seeing alot of the Azoo Nano Tanks at the Car boots for under a Tenner. I wish i could get them as in the LFS they start from 50 upwards.
 
I am a moderator on my local freecycle and I approve tons of tanks to get posted each week, on average I would say 1 per day and some of them are 3 foot +. I don't even have the room for my current big tank though its in the mouldy basement and quite neglected. Best thing about being a freecycle mod though is that you get first dibs :).

Do you get a chance to take them before the message goes public!!!!

Yeah depends on your local groups admins policy but mine is cool with me doing private messages to the person involved before It goes public, after all I am the one that makes them public and ensures every message conforms to the rules its nice to have a little reward. I also get a little more leeway on what I can post as my post are instantly public and I can delete them when I want, I went on holiday for a long weekend and needed someone to look after my betta to do a melafix tratment and had only 3 hours to find someone. I found a betta breeder through a quick post who looked after him very kindly for me, in return she can breed him for one time. Just doing it now actually some of the people in my area have the most atrocious grammar and spelling truly embarassing, I just clear up some for the sake of making them legible.
 
I can't have any more tanks. Recently i am seeing alot of the Azoo Nano Tanks at the Car boots for under a Tenner. I wish i could get them as in the LFS they start from 50 upwards.
Wow, they are nice tanks-real shame you can't find room for them.
 
I've had to ressurect this thread, I'm too chuffed not to!

Went to a car boot today, and on the last row saw this tank. It was dirty but seemed sound, no cracks or chips just needed a good clean up.

It came with the hood, light, starter unit and a small internal cannister filter ( Rena Filstar ) both of which work absolutely fine.

The light unit is rather old fashioned looking to me as you will see in the pictures , the starter unit and light fitting are attatched to a metal bar inside the tank. But for all that it does work, and is removable should the unit fail and I can't replace it. Which is really good news.

I've measured it, used the aquarium calculator and it's 12 gallons ( 24X 12X12 )

How much you ask? £1 :hyper: BARGAIN.

I've given it a good clean with a tiny spot of bleach and lots of hot water, it's come up MINT.


mobilepics129.jpg


mobilepics130.jpg


mobilepics131.jpg


mobilepics132.jpg



Even though mother has banned me from setting any more tanks up at present, I will store it until both my male fighters have passed on, then I will be allowed to use it she say's. Even my mother couldn't believe the price of it! But she is an absolute bargain beast and can't resist a good one like that.


I'm not going to sell it ( MINE! My precioussssssss :P ) , but I am very curious as to how much this tank could sell for now I've cleaned it and made sure everything works.

What do you guys reckon it's worth now ? No scratches, no chips at all, really clean and with that little filter.

EDIT - I just saw one the same size go on Ebay for 11 quid. Not bad....
 
thats 110% profit :D

well, thats a bloody bargain! nice one! :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top