Boita Compatibility

yeah my polka dots have been much better since i put them in the 20 long... right now they are sharing it with my skirted tetra until i meet up with this one person buying my 20 tall from me and i'm just giving them to her. other than that i have one tiger in there right now hanging in my big net for the melafix i have been putting in there to heal him up. i think hes gonna be permanently damaged for his tail fin.. :( it was ate away pretty bad. poor little guy! What can ya do though. I have another one i'm gonna put in there when this one is healed up. I have to keep them in the net otherwise the one polka dot which i think is a ladder loach will pick at him and do no good.. the other one has a spot on his side that is almost open. but i dont want them both in the net together. it dont seem to be getting worse since the move. maybe the smaller tank with the numbers i have will help keep them off eachother now. maybe they just had too much room to roam before and would single eachother out. hard to say. I like the busy look of all the tigers. I'm also thinking about getting a nice school of neon tetras to set everything apart. I have seen people have them together before but it still worries me. Now i just have to make it to grand rapids to get rid of these clown loaches.... hmmmm

What is going on!!! I'm not getting any notice in my "view new content" of all these updates!! Someone posted in my journal and the only way I knew was spotting it on the journal board!! :angry:

That's weird about the tigers! You'd think with the numbers you have, there wouldn't be anything THAT violent going on. How's the tiger doing now, seems how this was all the way from Nov. 5!!

Did you make it to grand rapids????

Everything is going ok. Have lost a couple tigers since the move. A few are missing parts of their tail. . Gets frustrating. But other than that I sold the big tank for 150. Same as I paid for it. I have not been to grand Rapids for the fish yet. It's gonna have to wait until the spring because my truck don't like highway and my car is in storage until spring. So they will just have to hang out. They seem to like this tank better really. They are out more now. Been a very hectic couple months. My friend hurt his back and had to go in for surgery. My identity was stolen and we just found out my girlfriends son has melanoma and has to go to u of m for surgery and treatments. Which is 3 hrs from here... it just never gets easier...

Jeeze!!! Sorry to hear about all of that!!! Boy, you guys are really being hit hard. Seems like that's always how it happens, once it starts, it just keeps coming. But!, I'm sure once you guys get in a routine for going to the university, and give everything else some time, it will pass and good things will start happening again too. Life isn't easy is it, that's for sure... hang in there, it will pass!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgy1F_RIw8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Was thinking of you guys tonight and thought I'd share my progress. Been very busy lately... but the surgery have been successful for my girlfriends son. Cancer free. Poor guy has a silver dollar size hole right next to his nose and had 3 lymph nodes taken out for testing. He's going in for reconstructive surgery tomorrow and just has to recover.

I lost spike my male bn last weekend. Not sure why or what. He was good one day then just laying on the bottom the next... nooo idea. Maybe too many mouths going for the food and he couldn't get enough. Or he was just sick. I currently have my clowns and polka dot loaches back in my 75. As you can see from the video. They are all doing great. No more nipping. Tigers are good. All is well. In there now i guess :). Hope everything is going good for you guys! Talk to you soon

Well all the loaches are gone. Traded them for around a hundred red cherry shrimp. Put the tigers in the 20 long till i found them a home. They almost ate a fancy black skirt tetra alive. I gave all but the one tetra away too. But I didn't think she was going to make it. She was on the sand panting and ready to give up. She is with my bolivians, 4 ghost shrimp and a cae in the 20 gal now. Tigers left last night and she is already eating and acting a lot better. She is also 6 years old too. Crazy huh? Working on the main tank which is going to be shrimp and neon tetra fully planted. Good start on cherries so far. Can count 30 at any given time. Exited for the new start with my tank. :)
Oh and you wouldn't believe how fast snails started popping up once the clowns were gone.... it's amazing! I guess they call them pest snails for a reason. I'm not upset though... i like them for now. And hope the shrimp will eat the egg sacks so they are not everywhere... lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back